CTHS Learning Leaders
April 1, 2015
Learning Criteria- The Reasoning Behind Quad D Learning
Understanding the four types of learning, developed by the ICLE, learning leaders are able to understand the purpose behind focusing on Quadrant D learning.
1. Foundation Learning
Foundation learning is the basic knowledge and skill level required for all students to achieve. It is normally assessed on standardized exams.
2. Stretch Learning
Stretch learning is the extent to which students take opportunities for rigorous and relevant learning beyond the minimum requirements, as defined in foundation learning. When students are stretched, they are encouraged to participate in interdisciplinary activities and competitions, to enroll in honors courses, to pursue career majors, or to satisfy requirements for specialized certificates.
3. Personal Skill Development
Personal skill development encompasses skills such as goal setting and organization, and includes social skills such as empathy and emotion control. Also included are leadership skills, collaboration, and team building. Personal skill development is characterized by service learning and social and emotional growth.
4. Learner Engagement
Learner engagement is the overarching dimension; it is both the prerequisite and the unifying theme for achieving success. When learners engage with their teachers, peers, and school community, they are intrinsically motivated and more readily participate in the learning process. They feel a sense of satisfaction, belonging, and accomplishment and, consequently, exhibit positive behaviors.
Provided by the International Center for Leadership in Education (2015)
ELA II End of Course- April 1
Thank you for attending your training and reading your manual. If you have any questions, please contact Cathy Bradshaw. She will assist with ANY concern, question, or suggestion. Please follow all expectations for your classroom walls and hallways. Rooms will be checked Thursday afternoon, March 26.
Rosters will be posted for students on Friday and emailed to each teacher so that you can quickly and easily assist any student.
Students may bring clear bottled water to keep on the floor. Snacks are not allowed around the testing area, so if any student brings a nutritional, small snack, they must keep it up front and can be eaten while on break. We will provide a lunch break for all students. Students may bring their own lunch or can order a sack lunch from the cafeteria which will be delivered to your testing room.
We have so many Ranger Family using great technology in your classroom. Each newsletter, we will highlight the great learning occurring in your classroom. Please give me your Shout Outs so that we can share our Quad D learning!
Events for March/April 2015
March 26 Dual Credit/FAFSA Parent Meeting- 6:30 in Large Lecture hall
March 27 Charmers Drill Team Tryouts
March 28 SNAG- Senior Night After Graduation Carnival- Visitor parking lot and grass field
March 30 English I EOC
March 31 Progress Reports available in Skyward
April 1 PTO meeting 8:30 in district board room
April 1 English II EOC
April 1 Campus Leadership Team Canceled due to EOC
April 2 District UIL One Act Play, UIL Choir
April 10 Dr. Chadwell Visit to CTHS
April 11 Jazz Band/Stan Kenton Legacy Orchestra Concert 7:30
PTO Dodge ball Tournament
District UIL Academic Tournament- Saginaw HS
April 13 Parent Night- ADD- Hafley Development Center
April 15 All PDAS is complete/TSR II and III due
April 16 District Track Meet- CTHS
April 17 We are in school! End of 5th Six Weeks. UIL Choir
Dr. Chadwell meets with our Principal’s Leadership Council
April 22 EOC training
April 25 Art VASE State
April 27 NHS Induction 6:30 PAC
April 29 CPAC
State Gymnastics Meet- CTHS
April 30 Night of CTHS Stars Pageant
May 1 Art XPerience 2015
The mission of Chisholm Trail High School is to foster a culture of excellence that instills a passion for a lifetime of continuous achievement in every student.
- Order your cap and gown/announcements/graduation memorabilia through Herff Jones- www.graduationservices.com. 817-336-2035
- SNAG carnival/Duck Race is March 28 in our visitor parking lot from 10-3. Please volunteer or bring out all your friends and family. Duck Race, Easter Egg Hunt, Booths, Tons of Fun!!!!!
- Did you attend the March 3 and March 20 Senior Meetings? If not, pick up your prom protocol and graduation information sheet from the Amblin' G House.
- Tickets may be picked up beginning April 27. You must have your signed Prom Protocol form to pick up tickets.
- Prom is May 2 from 7-11 at the Gaylord. You must have your ticket and picture ID.
- All guest forms for prom must be turned in by March 27
- Prom ticket purchase deadline is April 10!!!
- Senior Awards is May 18 at 7:00 in the PAC.
- Our Senior Charge to the Junior class followed by the senior walk is being planned!!!
- Senior Finals is June 1-3. Work hard so that you get your exemptions (grades, attendance, behavior)
- Graduation Senior Inaugural Class Picture will be June 3 during lunch time. Seniors will eat during 5th period lunch. Bring your Cap, Tassel, and Gown this day! Pictures can be ordered. Purchase Price is coming soon.
- Graduation Practice is June 4 @ 9 am in the main gym. Breakfast will be served. Senior Class pictures will be delivered this day.
- Graduation is Sunday, June 7 @ 1:00 in the FWCC. Students must report to FWCC at 11 a.m. Bring your Cap/Tassel/Gown/lunch. Wear your black pants/ black shoes/long sleeve shirt with tie for boys and black pants or dress/black shoes for girls. Do not forget your cap/tassel!!!!
- SNAG at Main Event is from 12-6 a.m.. You must ride the SNAG transportation bus to attend!!! Meet at CTHS @ 11 p.m.. It is FREE and tons of FUN!!!!!!!!! Laser Tag and all games, plus food throughout night is FREE!