Tivy High School Updates
Marking Period 1 August 14-September 22
Marking Period 1 Report Card Period
Marking period 1 report card period will end today Friday, September 22 at 3:30 PM. Grades will be captured on Monday, September 25 at 4 PM and available in Skyward Family and Student Access.
UIL Eligibility will be lost if a student is failing any course for the 1st marking period. Students will become ineligible for events on Friday, September 29 at 3:30 PM. Students who previously lost eligibility will regain on Friday, September 29 at 3:30 if passing all courses.
UIL Eligibility Calendar is included below. Please have your student speak to their coach and/or sponsor about UIL eligibility.
Advanced Placement College Board Testing Informational Meeting
Tuesday, Sep. 26th, 5:30-6pm
Tivy High School Library
Tivy PTO Meeting-October
Thursday, Oct. 5th, 12-1pm
3250 Texas 534 Loop
The link below will provide Tivy PTO information available on our campus website.
Guest Speaker this month: Officer Justin Gonzales
SHOUT OUT: UIL Academic
Our UIL Academics teams kicked off their school year attending the UIL Activities Conference in Austin. There are so many academic opportunities for students to compete. All students are encouraged to find their passion and be a part of the teams. Students can connect with Mrs. Portillo in room G222.
SHOUT OUT: Tivy Color Guard Volunteers
Our Tivy Color Guard spend Saturday morning volunteering at the Kerrville Triathlon. Color Guard sponsor, Nurse Rasavong, and her team represented Tivy well. Thank you team!
SHOUT OUT: Spanish Heritage Month
With help from our Spanish National Honor Society and Spanish teachers, Tivy celebrates National Spanish Heritage Month starting September 15 each school year. Students are introduced to a Spanish word of the day and a notable Hispanic heritage role model each day during the announcements. Classes compete for prizes with the shared facts.
SHOUT OUT: UIL Academic
SHOUT OUT: Tivy Color Guard Volunteers
SHOUT OUT: Spanish Heritage Month
Tivy Theater Presents INFINITY--Come support Tivy Theater's Fall Production
Neon Day & Safari Day
Counseling Office Input
The link is not to request specific information and/or counseling to be provided to your specific student. Please contact the counseling office directly if you need assistance.
From the Counseling Office-School Picture Information
- Picture Retakes are scheduled for October:
- Yearbook/student ID pictures- October 3rd
- Senior cap & gown pictures- October 23rd
- If your student missed picture day or needs to retake their photo, please use the form linked below to sign up. All students need a student ID picture (this is also the yearbook picture for 9th-11th grades); seniors only need a cap & gown photo (this serves as their yearbook picture, and is also used for graduation).
- Questions: Email Mrs. Riederer at email@example.com
From the Counseling Office-College, Career, & Military Readiness
- College, Career, and Military Readiness:
- Join the 2023-2024 Tivy Career & College Remind to keep up-to-date on all things CCMR- scholarships, jobs, admissions applications, and more! Parents and students are both invited to join.
- To join, text this message to 81010: @ccmr2324
General Admission Tickets are NOW AVAILABLE for purchase.
General Admission Tickets are NOW AVAILABLE for purchase. Check out the Project Graduation Website for tickets.
For those that are wanting RESERVED SEATING, TABLES ARE STILL AVAILABLE!
Exit to 534/Acceleration Lane Open
With this addition, we will no longer allow cars to exit the parking lot on our back loop with our buses. Area will be coned off and available to authorized vehicles and buses only. Please design a new route that does not include our bus loop.
We appreciate TxDOT's support with this project and look forward to the positive impact on our traffic flow.
TIVY HIGH SCHOOL ENTRY REMINDERS
Tivy High School Bell Schedule for 2023-2024
Tivy High School FIT Bell Schedule for 2023-2024 (Flexible Instructional Time)
Thank you for encouraging students to use time wisely during FIT time. Students are required to log their location during this time. We will continue to have FIT time most Wednesdays.
The same schedule will be utilized on Fridays for pep rallies and other possible school assemblies.
Late Bus & After-School Tutoring
Take advantage of our tutoring and late bus options to be successful in class and connect on campus. Please note buses do not deliver to specific normal route locations.
How we teach our students everyday!
KISD Literacy Plan
Establishing the love of reading for all subject areas!
Profile of a Graduate
Our product! Tivy High School is just the last leg of the race for KISD in creating life-long learners and productive citizens.
Student ID Cards
- All students will have visible ID card displayed on lanyard at all times on campus during hours on campus. Doors open at 7:15 until late bus running at 4:30 if on campus.
- Students with early release for internships, career preparation, or other groups will have designated labels on their IDS to present when traveling off campus.
- Student IDs will be needed to enter school events with student passes. For example. athletic passes to attend games will need to present student ID with pass.
- A replacement fee of $5 will be charged for any replacement IDs. Students will be responsible for replacing their own lanyards.
We will devote the first week to reminding students and clarifying our expectations before we address any failure to comply with policy.
It is important for the continued safety of our staff and students we are able to quickly identify students, staff, and any visitors to campus.
Thank you for your help and support.
Vaping Parent Information & Tips
Here are few tips covered in the article and a few additional thoughts on how to support your student in avoiding this dangerous and growing trend:
- Don't be afraid to check their belongings. The article outlines places known to conceal vapes.
- Look for unusual USB chargers. While students may go to great lengths to conceal their vapes, the chargers are usually in plain sight.
- Educate students on the health risks associated with vaping. Our school curriculum found at Catchmybreath.org provides information about physical damages including effects on the teenage brain.
- Notice if your student has a nagging cough, trouble sleeping through the night, and/or takes frequent breaks from social/family gatherings.
- Bathrooms and bathroom stalls are the top location for vaping on campus. Tivy High School bathrooms are equipped with vape sensors that immediately alert school administrators.
Thank you for partnering with us to help our students make sound healthy choices.
Tivy High School Testing Calendar Information for 2023-2024 School Year
Texas First Early Graduation Notice
Please contact your student's counselor with questions.
Devices Issued-Device Insurance Through Skyward Fee Management
Each student has been issued a KISD laptop for their use. It will be checked out to them similar to a textbook. The online enrollment verification includes information about device use and expectations.
Students will be using laptops each day in class as we transition away from cell phone use and availability. Students are, also, encouraged to check their school email account each day.
You will be able to purchase device insurance through Skyward Family Access Fee Management. Insurance could help you avoid paying full price to replace lost or damaged devices (see link below).
Students will have access to WIFI connections only through district issued devices.
Athletic Schedules and Student Physical/Medical Release Form Information on Website
Emergency Standard Response Protocol for KISD
Campus Safety Drills & Notifications
We will conduct our required fall semester lockdown drill on Tuesday, September 26. You will receive another email notification from campus on Tuesday about the Lockdown Drill.
Use P3 Campus to Make an Anonymous Report regrading student and school safety.
See Something Say Something Campaign for School Safety-Sept 26-Sept 29
There are four main principles of a Safe and Supportive School. We regularly communicate the main principles with our students and families throughout the school year.
1. Start with Hello-our mission to help every Antler feel connected to our campus and end social isolation.
2. Be an Upstander--be responsible and respectful with your actions at all times and in all circumstances.
3. See something, say something anytime there is a concern.
4. Find a trusted adult.
Please continue to encourage students to follow the principles outlined in our "See Something Say Something" Mission.
Upcoming Dates for 2023-2024 School Year
September 25, STUDENT HOLIDAY/STAFF PLANNING DAY
September 26, Beginning of MP2; AP Testing Parent Information Meeting
September 27, FIT Schedule
September 29, FIT Schedule Pep Rally
October 3, School Picture Retakes
October 4, FIT Schedule
October 5, Homecoming Parade & Pep Rally
October 6, Homecoming Game; Regular Bell Schedule
October 11, PSAT Sophomores
October 12, Meet the Antlers @ Tivy Stadium
October 13, End of 3 weeks MP2; Fall Lunch on the Lawn Date
October 18, CTE Advisory Board Meeting; FIT Schedule; ASVAB Testing Date
October 20, FIT Schedule-Pep Rally
October 23, Senior Cap & Gown Picture Retakes
October 24, HOSA Blood Drive
October 25, FIT Schedule
October 27, FIT Schedule-Pep Rally; End of Marking Period 2
October 30, STUDENT HOLIDAY/STAFF PLANNING DAY
October 31, Beginning of Marking Period 3
November 1, FIT Schedule
November 3, FIT Schedule-Pep Rally (end of regular season football)
November 7, College Fair
November 8, FIT Schedule
November 10, FIT Schedule-Pep Rally (play-off football)
November 15, FIT Schedule
November 17, FIT Schedule-Pep Rally (play-off football); End of 3 weeks MP3
November 20-24, Thanksgiving Holidays
November 29, FIT Schedule
December 1, Make-A-Wish Community Service Pep Rally FIT Schedule
December 5-7, STAAR Retest Dates
December 6, FIT Schedule
December 13, FIT Schedule
December 14-19, Semester Exam Schedule (see below)
December 19, End of Marking Period 3, Semester 1
January 4, Students return to school for Semester 2