By: Bryce Carnohan and Caroline Sgan
*There are a few different ways in which you can prevent and HELP bullying. Here are a few tips.
- Tell an Adult.
- Stand up for yourself and your friends.
- Make new friends and get involved.
- Tell the bully to !STOP!
- Don't blame yourself for anything.
- Don't fight back.
- Avoid Bullies when you can.
- Try to avoid bullying around your school.
- Create Policies and Rules.
- Educate students and teachers.
Victims of Bullying include girls and boys of all ages, sizes, and backgrounds. But some kids are more likley thatn others to get bullied, because they appear small, weak, inscure, sensitive or "DIFFERENT" from their peers. Most Victims tend to share these characteristics.......
- Low self-confidence
- Depression or Sad appearance
- Limited seance of honor
- Below-average size, strength, or coordination
- Feelings of helplessness
- Self-Blame for problems
- Social withdraw and isolation
- Poor social skills
- Low popularity
- Few or NO friends
- Dependence on adult
STOP BULLYING TODAY
BULLYING IS A VERY BIG PROBLEM
- 1 in 7 Students in grades K-12 either are a bully or are a victim of bullying.
- 56% of students have personally watched some type of bullying at school and done nothing about it. (BYSTANDER)
- 15% of school absenteeism is directly related to fears of being bullied at school.
- 71% of students report incidentsof bullying as a problem at their school!
- 1 out of 20 students have seen a student with a gun at school.
- 282,000 are phyiscaly attacked in secondary schools each month.
- 90% of fourth through eighth graders report being victims of bullys.
- 87% of students said shootings are motivated by a desire to "Get back at those who have hurth them."
- 54% of students said witnessing phyiscal abuse at home can lead violence in school.
- 1 out of every 10 students who drop out of school is because of bullying.