2017-2018 Parent Newsletter
February 23, 2018 - Issue #25
Congratulations to the following classes for earning at least 50 Golden Tickets:
- Mrs. Cook (100)
- Mrs. Kannmacher
- Mrs. Ballard
- Mrs. Williams
- Mrs. Outlaw
- Mrs. Walker
- Ms. Gase (100)
- Ms. Bingham
Our campus-wide total is 2250!
Grade Level Totals:
First Grade: 500
Second Grade: 800
Third Grade: 250
DON'T FORGET TO WEAR RED AND/OR BLUE ON MONDAY FOR ONE FISH, TWO FISH, RED FISH, BLUE FISH DAY!
Six Flags Reading Logs Due Monday
Box Tops News
Read Across America Week - February 26th - March 2nd
- PPCD/PK: Green Eggs and Ham
- Kindergarten: Cat in The Hat
- First Grade: One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
- Second Grade: Fox in Socks
- Third Grade: Oh! The Places You'll Go
- Office: The Lorax
Students and teachers are invited to dress up each day of the week. Here are the daily themes for Read Across America Week:
- Monday, February 26th: One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish - wear red/blue
- Tuesday, February 27th: Fox in Socks - wear crazy socks
- Wednesday, February 28th: Wacky Wednesday - wear mismatched clothes (must still follow LVISD Dress Code)
- Thursday, March 1st: Green Eggs and Ham - wear green
- Friday, March 2nd: Cat in The Hat - wear a crazy hat (hats must not cover faces and cause a distraction)
Help us keep the tradition of yearbook alive! In order to do so we must hit our quota of 150 yearbooks sold. We currently have 80 orders. Yearbook is a big fundraiser for PTO. The profit made goes directly back to your kids :) We must hit our quota in order to profit and be able to continue the tradition next year. This year we chose to do online orders to keep the confusion to a minimum. If ordering via check or cash is better for you, please do not hesitate to contact LVESyearbook@gmail.com and we will accommodate you. Our deadline is fast approaching.
Click the link below to place your order quickly and at ease.
*CLICK: Order below*
School code: 13030118 OR enter Texas, Lago Vista.
All emailed picture submissions will be featured in yearbook. Don't hesitate to email us pictures from your phone etc for the 2017-2018 LVES school year email@example.com.
Thank you for your support!
Lago Vista ISD recognizes that communication between campuses and parents is a crucial part of building a strong school-home partnership, which we greatly value. As such, the District is committed to providing open, two-way communication and encourages all Lago Vista ISD parents to share the same commitment.
While social media presents us with an amazing venue to share and exchange information, if a concern arises regarding your child, or child’s campus, please contact the campus immediately. This timely communication directly with the campus is a crucial first step in working with you to resolve your concerns. As a district, we are committed to ensuring that all concerns are addressed as quickly as possible, but campuses are only able to assist with finding solutions when we are made aware of concerns through direct communication.
Thank you for your helping with Lago Vista ISD's continued efforts to build strong and effective partnerships with our parents!
Watch DOGS of the Week
- Monday, February 26th: Patrick Tarlton
- Tuesday, February 27th: Jim Guy
- Wednesday, February 28th: Gary Olsen
- Thursday, March 1st: OPEN
- Friday, March 2nd: OPEN
We have several openings in the Spring for Watch DOGS, so if you would like to be a Watch DOG at LVES, please contact Mr. Holt (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
COLLEGE DAY IS EVERY WEDNESDAY...WEAR YOUR FAVORITE COLLEGE SHIRT!
Mrs. Boyles' class learns about their 5 senses.
Roll-a-Word in kindergarten reading centers.
Mrs. Williams reviews the Seesaw Review activity for comparing and ordering numbers.
Character Trait of the Month - Trustworthiness
- Be honest;
- Don't deceive others, cheat, or steal;
- Be reliable - do what you say you will do;
- Have the courage to do the right thing;
- Build a good reputation;
- Be loyal - stand by your family, friends, and country.
Students will learn more about Trustworthiness in Guidance with Mrs. Sexton!
Hello LVES Families! In our guidance class lessons this month, the character trait topic is Fairness. We are discussing that fairness involves treating people the way they want to be treated, taking turns, telling the truth, and playing by the rules. A fair person thinks about how their actions will affect others. They listen to people with an open mind, they do not blame others for their own mistakes, they do not take advantage of other people, or play favorites. As a parent, it is important to remember that we are role models when it comes to teaching our children about fairness.
“The best index to a person’s character is how he treats people who can’t do him any good--and how he treats people who can’t fight back.” ~Abigail Van Buren
¡Hola familias LVES! En nuestras lecciones de clase de orientación de este mes, el tema del rasgo de carácter es la imparcialidad. Estamos discutiendo que la imparcialidad implica tratar a las personas de la forma en que quieren que se las trate, tomar turnos, decir la verdad y cumplir las reglas. Una persona justa piensa en cómo sus acciones afectarán a los demás. Escuchan a las personas con una mente abierta, no culpan a los demás por sus propios errores, no se aprovechan de otras personas, ni tienen favoritos. Como padre, es importante recordar que somos modelos a seguir cuando se trata de enseñar a nuestros hijos sobre la equidad.
“El mejor índice para el carácter de una persona es cómo trata a las personas que no pueden hacerle ningún bien, y cómo trata a las personas que no pueden defenderse.” ~ Abigail Van Buren
Weekly Attendance Goal
Weekly Attendance for week of February 22nd:
- 91.67% - We had another dip in attendance this week. It seems like we are not quite out of the flu and cold season.
Grade Level Totals:
First Grade: 88.28%
Second Grade: 95.42%
Third Grade: 92.24%
LVES Front Office Hours
Lago Vista Elementary PTO Facebook
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Kimberly Latham-Whitehead, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Eric Holt, Assistant Principal
Bus Routes and Transportation:
Jay Powell, Director of Transportation
(512) 267-8300, ext. 1508
Mark Your Calendars...
- February 26th: Six Flags Read to Succeed reading logs due
- February 26th-March 2nd: Read Across America Week and Dr. Seuss' Birthday - more details above
- March 6th: 3rd Grade Music Program
- March 7th: PTO Meeting, 5:00-6:00 pm in Community Room
- March 12th-16th: Spring Break
- March 22nd: 2nd Grade Field Trip to Sweet Berry Farms
- March 22nd: CEIC Meeting, 3:15 pm in Community Room
- March 23rd: End of 3rd Nine Weeks
- March 29th: Touch-A-Truck
- March 29th: Report Cards go home in Friday folders
- March 30th: Student/Staff Holiday, No School