Published October 20, 2019
This Week's Meetings
Wednesday: Crazy revised schedule. See mailbox and email. Maggie post ob, Holly post ob, Texas Joe Food Truck, SBDM at 5pm
Thursday: Kron post ob, Morris post ob, Stamper formative, Brassine formative, Council of Councils Meeting
Friday: Vision Screenings for grades 6 and 8, Ignite visit from 9-11, Fire Drill at 8, DANCE AT 7
October 23: CASE Testing, 2 hour delay schedule. No Meetings.
October 24: No Meetings.
October 29: Reading and Math ATMs (both plans) No Meetings for Sci/SS Teachers.
October 30: Sci/SS Tutorial Adjustments (both plans) No Meetings for Math/ELA Teachers.
October 31: No Meetings
November 5: We work today. Agenda: Holistic scoring calibration, Group score CASE
November 6: No Meeting
November 7: No Meeting
Vertical Team PLCs
- Monthly, bring and analyze student work that shows evidence of writing that matches the unit expectations. Calibrate thinking on what constitutes a 1, 2, and 3.
- Create a school writing plan focusing on one component of the plan each month. Begin with the school writing policy.
- Complete CUBES word problems 4 times per week and complete 1 written writing prompt per unit explaining how to correctly solve a math problem with appropriate vocabulary.
- At least weekly, use CASE question bank to administer checks to maintain rigor of priority standards/calibrate.
- Implementation of 3D instruction daily as evidenced in lesson plans.
- Collaboratively write summative assessments that measure mastery of disciplinary core ideas through the practices and cross-cutting concepts.
- Monthly, bring and analyze student work that shows evidence of inquiry practices. Calibrate thinking on what constitutes a 1, 2, and 3. (QFT, DBQ, extended response, because, but, so).
End of Quarter
2nd quarter begins on October 17th.
Grades must be in IC by October 23rd. Progress reports will be run and mailed home on October 24th.