A quick spreading virus.
Symptoms to know if you are caring this disease....
- you may or may not have symptoms
- 4 stages (primary, secondary, latent, tertiary)
- Primary-you get sores which are called chancre(appears in 9-90 days)
- Secondary-fever, headache, sore throat, swollen lymph glands, and patchy hair loss(appears 3 weeks-6 months after infection)
- Latent and tertiary happen only if you don't get it treated
Examples of people who had Syphilis
Is Syphilis Treatable ?
Other Important Information
- If you don't want to spread this disease to others, you must stop being sexually active unless you are told so by a doctor that you are fine.
- Also many people believe once you get it you are immune to it, but in reality you have a 30-50% chance of getting it back.
- Caused by the bacterium Treponema pallidum
- Average days to know get symptoms is usually 21
- 20k to 200k US cases per year