Community Schools News
Greensboro Elementary School
What is a Community School?
This means that GES, like many schools in Maryland (over 300) have identified that a large population of their students are living in poverty. The Community Schools Strategy works in partnership with a variety of stakeholders to remove barriers from students, families and communities in order to thrive. Ways a community school does this is by providing an array of wraparound services.
What does a Community Schools Coordinator do?
A Community Schools Coordinator provides comprehensive support and resources that are selected to meet their students’ and families’ needs and interests, which are rooted in the understanding and perspectives of the surrounding community.
What do Community Schools provide?
Through strategic partnerships, community schools work to provide access to high-quality academics, health services, mental health support, academic enrichment, out-of-school time programming, crisis support, adult education classes, leadership development, and more.
Year 1 Update
Survey's are completed!
GES CARE CLOSET
Community Resources and Events
CASA of Caroline
Mid-shore Pro Bono
Caroline County Public Library
Greensboro Connects Initiate
The Greensboro Connects Initiative is a program that connects multiple services with residents of the Town of Greensboro and surrounding areas. This initiative provides an office-style physical space to organizations including non-profits that provide a service to the community.
Those organizations who are part of the Greensboro Connects Initiative have the opportunity to provide services to residents of Greensboro and North County towns. The Greensboro Connects Office provides those who do not have the financial resources or transportation a more convenient location to access needed services and programs.
This initiative provides services in 13 different areas
- Mental health services: Caroline County Health Department, Mid Shore Behavioral Health
- Substance Abuse Prevention: Maryland Coalition of Families, Choptank Recovery, Mid Shore Behavioral Health (Safe Station program)
- Family Resources: Maryland Rural Development Corporation, Caroline County Department of Social Services, University of Maryland Extension (UME), Caroline County Judy Center
- Youth Program: Caroline County Youth Soccer Association, Greensboro Police Department Community Basketball Program, Minary’s Dream Alliance
- Banking Services and financial literacy: Truist Bank, Shore United Bank and M&T Bank
- Mentoring, Children & Youth Advocacy Programs: Big Brother Big Sister of the Eastern Shore, CASA of Caroline, The ARC
- Homelessness prevention: His Hope Ministries
- Legal Services: Mid Shore Pro Bono
- Immigration services: Chesapeake Multicultural Resource Center
- Business resources: Caroline County Chamber of Commerce, Caroline County Economic Development
- Educational Resources: Greensboro Elementary School, Zero Deaths MD Department of Transportation, Caroline County Public Library, Greensboro Historical Society
- Food Pantry: Aarons Place
- Senior Services: Senior Community Employment Program, MD Department of Labor, Minority Outreach Technical Assistance (MOTA) Fitness in Action Program
Greensboro Connects Initiative is located at 111 South Main Street Greensboro MD 21639 (Side Entrance). For more information and services schedule contact: Angel Perez, Community Outreach/Main Street Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or (410) 482-6222 ext. 5