Fifth Grade Newsletter
September 7, 2017
Smith Elementary Mission Statement
Curriculum Night is TONIGHT!!!
If your homeroom teacher is Baril, Snyder, or Fariss, you will meet in the POD 3 open area. 5th grade will conduct there immediately following 4th grade.
If your homeroom teacher is Boney or Redburn, you will meet in room 311.
Here is the link to today's PowerPoint http://bit.ly/2xSef09
Pine Cove Meeting
A Pine Cove parent information meeting will be held Thursday, September 14th from 6:30 - 7:30 pm. You will get you Pine Cove information Packet that night with all the forms to fill out. We will answer all of your questions at that time.
Please join us in the Cafe! Pick up your child's paperwork on a table with your child's homeroom teacher's name on it. We can't wait to see you there!
If you signed up to possibly be a chaperone at Pine Cove, your volunteer background check must be submitted by October 1st to be considered. Volunteer background checks must be done each year. Here is the link:
If your child has special dietary needs, they can be be accommodated. Please designate on the form: http://bit.ly/2vqKReU
College Week Sept. 11th-15th
Monday Your Future is Bright- Wear neon colors today.
Tuesday Be true to your school- Wear Smith shirts.
Wednesday Heading off to College-Wear a hat today.
Thursday College Spirit Day-Wear your favorite college colors and spirit gear.
Friday Dot Day-dot your “I’s” and cross your “T’s” and get ready for college. Wear polka dots today.
Running Club is Back
September 7- Curriculum Night: 1st, 3rd, 5th 6:45-7:30, K, 2nd, 4th 6:00-6:45
September 7- Poster Forms for Stampede go home
September 12- Spirit night at Bahama Bucks
September 14- Pine Cove parent info meeting 6:30-7:30 pm.
September 15- Dot Day
September 20- Running Club Begins
September 22- Spirit Poster Deadlines (for Smith Stampede)
* This form is required for volunteers and classroom observers.
* Completion of this form is only required once a year.
* Multiple submissions are not accepted. Keep that in mind when choosing campuses.
* Background checks are cleared at the end of the school year by the last week of June.
* New background checks can be submitted for a new school year starting in July.
* Use your legal name as it appears on your drivers license or other official ID.
* Your Social Security Number is now required information.
Please send in $10 PTA DUES as soon as possible!!!!!! We would love 100% participation