HASH TAG: Welcome Back!
August 12th, 2013
Name the Newsletter Contest Winner
In case you were wondering, here were the other entries:
- OAF (Office-Admin. Forum)
- HAR! (Hart Ashley Report)
- NOODLE (News Out Of Da Lineville Executives)
- NUTS (News Unto The Staff)
- PUKE (Phil Unt Kristin E-mail)
- PAIN (Phil And kristIN) REPORT
- Philisten Up (Listen Up)
- AAH (Ashley And Hart) NEWS
- PAKR (Phil And KRisten) REPORT
Thankfully, no one submitted KRAP (although I know you were thinking about it)! :)
Further Staffing Updates
- Rachel Denamur will join the iHouse to replace Kristin Ashley.
- Amanda Juntila will join Laura Samorske to replace Todd Meikle.
- The MVP House will now be the Phoenix House.
- We will NOT be adding a sixth grade section.
- We will NOT be adding a fifth grade section - although our numbers will be quite high in that grade.
- We still have not found a replacement for Connie Jordan. The position was re-posted and a candidate has been recommended and we are currently awaiting word of his status.
Welcome Back Schedule
- 19-22...Getting Ready for LV Classes AND New Teacher Orientation
- 27.........Welcome Back Meeting - Bay Port Auditorium 7:30 - 11:30 AM
- 28.........Work Day
Open House 5-6:30 PM
- 29.........Staff Meeting 8-11:30 AM
Achieve 3000 Training Session 1-3 PM
- 3...........First Day of School
- 11.........September Staff Meeting 3:20-4:45 PM
- 12.........Picture Day
- 16.........MAP testing begins (end October 11)
- 17.........PLC's Begin (7:30-8:15 AM every Tuesday)
Welcome Back Staff Meeting Information
The agenda will also be available in advance so that you may go over valuable information in advance of the meeting. We ask that you take the time to access, think, and prepare for this important time together as a staff. And don't forget to bring your Mac Book!
Teacher iPads Are Here!!!
- The staff iPads cannot be synced to your home computer - they are already linked to the LMC computer
- You CAN put your own apps/music onto the iPad using your personal Apple ID
- If there are apps you wish to purchase for your class, you will need to go through Joyce - she will then push them to the iPads for your students. If they are paid apps, you will need to use your classroom budget to purchase them.
- Occasionally there will be apps available for download that are purchased by the District. More details will be forthcoming about apps and the process for acquiring them over time.
Moby Max Pro:
*is the only completely integrated curriculum and teacher productivity system. In addition to Math, Language, Vocabulary, and Fact Fluency, MobyMax will soon offer Reading and Writing!
*has proven results that students increased an average of 1.5 grade levels with just 40 hours of practice!
*has an adaptive curriculum that creates a unique, individualized education plan for each student, allowing gifted students to progress as quickly as they like while simultaneously ensuring that remedial students get the extra instruction they need.
Please register now at www.mobymax.com - Lineville has a year-long subscription for the pro-edition. I encourage you to visit the site now so that once you have your students you will become comfortable with the website!