Published December 8th
Staff Spirit Week
December 16- Twas the Night Before Christmas Theme Day- Wear your Pajama's ya filthy animals!
December 17- Comfy and Cozy Day- wear your favorite comfortable outfit. Bonus points if it's holiday themed! Just kidding, there are no points.
December 18- Ugly Sweater Day- Call up grandma or your favorite great aunt and ask her for her "pretty" Christmas sweater! There may be a prize for the winning sweater!
December 19- Find the Elves Day- That's right friends! It's back by popular demand! Mr. Miyogi is no longer with us but we will still be hiding elves on that day for you to find for prizes. Wear your best workout (or tactical) gear. More information on that coming soon!
December 20- Holiday Spirit Day/Apps Day- PJ's, comfy attire, whatever. If it fills you with holiday joy, it'll fill us with holiday joy too. We also welcome you to bring your favorite appetizer that day to share with your grade or team... or don't. We won't judge.
Tutorial Plans for December
December 9-13 (Implementing Decoding the Prompt)
10: Core 1
11: Core 2
12: Core 3
13: Core 4
December 16-20: Normal tutorial
December Planning Meetings (1, 2, 5, and 7)
December 11: Behavior PLC--Tier 1 Info
December 13: Decoding the Prompt Check In/Data Day--see invites from Stacie for explanation.
December 18: Behavior PLC--Tier 1 Info
December 19: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
2020 Planning Meetings (1, 2, 5, 7)
January 7: Traci Barton is the Bomb.com
January 16: Advanced Decoding the Prompt PD
January 17: Advanced Decoding the Prompt PD
January 21: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
January 23: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
January 28: Advanced Decoding the Prompt Check in Day
January 29: Reading and SS ATM
January 30: Math and Science ATM
February 4: Constructed Response Formula PD
February 6: Constructed Response Formula PD
February 12: Behavior PLC
February 18: Constructed Response Formula Check in Day
February 20: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
February 25: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
February 27: Behavior PLC
Friday Sped/Gen Ed Lesson Previews
Locations: 8th grade in Maley's room, 7th grade in McDonald's room, 6th grade in Stamper's room.
Purpose: Allow sped teachers to see the week in advance and pre-plan for accommodations and modifications
Length: 30 minutes
- Each core has 5 minutes to preview lessons and activities for the upcoming week. This means you do need your lessons for the upcoming week planned prior to this meeting.
- Sped teacher will update the unit plan with notes indicating ideas for accommodations, need to pull kids for remediation, etc.
- Final 10 minutes for collaboration/discussion about modifications and accommodations.
If you notice above, your weekly planning meetings are being scaled back to 2 a week to accommodate for this new practice.
Vertical Team PLCs Goals
- Monthly, bring and analyze student work that shows evidence of writing that matches the unit expectations. Calibrate thinking on what constitutes a 1, 2, and 3.
- Create a school writing plan focusing on one component of the plan each month. Begin with the school writing policy.
- Complete CUBES word problems 4 times per week and complete 1 written writing prompt per unit explaining how to correctly solve a math problem with appropriate vocabulary.
- At least weekly, use CASE question bank to administer checks to maintain rigor of priority standards/calibrate.
- Implementation of 3D instruction as evidenced in lesson plans.
- Collaboratively write summative assessments that measure mastery of disciplinary core ideas through the practices and cross-cutting concepts.
- Monthly, bring and analyze student work that shows evidence of inquiry practices. Calibrate thinking on what constitutes a 1, 2, and 3. (QFT, DBQ, extended response, because, but, so).
- Discussion of the CASE data analysis.
- Eye-opening to look at writing for another grade.
- Discussion about science collaborating with the math teachers to emphasize the math for the unit that's also used in science.
- Need to practice timed writing. Kids are not handling timed writings well.
- Need to practice giving kids a set amount of space to put their answer in.
- Work skills report--will do like we did last year though Google Form.
- Behavior adjustments to make: Full school reward, visiting classrooms to unveil new BF, adjusting points
- Teams need to identify what they would like the PTSO to purchase for them this year
- ipads and doc cameras are ordered for those who requested them
- Based on CASE data, going to begin giving kids CASE questions to dissect and answer weekly and score together.
- Also looking for other ways to up the rigor into the DOK 2 and 3 levels.