The Waldron Weekly ‘21-'22
Week of 1/31/22
Anasazi Week at a Glance
Feb 9 – Early Release
Feb 22 - Twosday Tuesday. Check out the flyer below.
There is still room in Anasazi's PreK for next year!
To inquire about SUSD programs, please visit this website for information. https://www.susd.org/Domain/3272
Steps for enrolling for PreK are as follows:
1. Complete this google form – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfTh6wsRNuNzSUXjwvsg4ItJc_2CrzyFq3cVJz4gInELJolUQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
2. You will receive an email indicating that you are accepted or that you are on the wait list.
3. If accepted, the email details the steps you have to follow, including making an appointment to go to SUSD's Community Education office to finalize enrollment.
Updated SUSD COVID Return to School Guidelines
Important Updates and Reminders Regarding Covid at Anasazi and SUSD Schools
- Masks: Masks are strongly recommended for all students at this time.
Notification Emails: Please note that you will be receiving email communications in the event of a close contact with a COVID positive individual at Anasazi. If you receive an email notice, it will be specific to your child and not a general classroom notice.
Vaccination records: As your children receive their COVID vaccines, please send a copy/screenshot of the record to Nurse Renee at email@example.com. It is important to keep the health records updated.
Volunteers and Visitors: No volunteers or visitors at this time
Reminders from Nurse Renee
Please keep your child home if he or she has any of the COVID-like symptoms listed below, even if your child only has one of them and you attribute it to a minor cold or allergies. Discuss with Nurse Renee prior to sending your child to school:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Family Action Requested
A key aspect of the IB PYP is the development of International Mindedness. As part of our PYP journey, it is important that we know what additional languages are represented in our student body. This will help us to celebrate the diversity that exists in our school, as well as, provide educational opportunities at Anasazi.
Please complete this survey below and indicate any additional languages that are spoken at home. Only include languages were at least one person is fluent in the family and your children are exposed to that language regularly.
Here is the survey:https://forms.gle/cFUvBB4KDf58gDik7
Get your yearbook now!
Buy our yearbook here!
Enter our school code: 701669
- In a Goggle Chrome browser go to: commpe.pictavo.com
- Search for Anasazi or use our code: 701669
- Click 'Create an Account' and quickly make your account using your email address. (you only need to make an account once.)
- Click the blue 'Upload Images' bar
- Select the images for upload
- Choose an album. Add a little info.
Do you know someone wanting to enroll at Anasazi for next year?
- Open Enrollment and Regular Enrollment is now open!
- Call office for tour information.
In need of a crossing guard
We are looking to hire a crossing guard. This is a two hour position, one hour in the morning and one hour at dismissal. Please call the office for more information.
This month's IB Learner Profile Attribute is REFLECTIVE
“We thoughtfully consider the world and our own ideas and experience. We work to understand our strengths and weaknesses in order to support our learning and personal development.”
This month students will be working on developing a growth mindset. Please remember to look at the Anasazi in Action page on our PYP Parent Portal to learn more about what your children are learning.
Anasazi Family Handbook
Scottsdale Parent Council
A reminder that if your child will not be at school for the day, please call the attendance line 480-484-7360.
BE SURE TO CONNECT WITH US!
Our Mission - Anasazi is a diverse learning community committed to fostering a rigorous, compassionate, and inquiry-based environment, that empowers students to be globally competitive in a complex and changing world.
Our Vision - Empower and inspire each child to become life-long learners, within a culture of academic excellence, creativity and critical thinking, to take action and serve in our global community.