What is it?
Materials, Money, Time
- Desalination plants
- Oilfield brine pumps
- Salt water
COST : it definitely costs a lot to make the desalination plant however it only costs $3.06 per 1000 gallons of desalination water.
TIME : it takes 2 kilowatt hours to produce 1 cubic meter of fresh water
PROS & CONS
Pros and cons
- fresh water delivers health benefits people need
- desalination plants are good for the environment
- there is massive amounts of oceans and salt water that we can use for fresh water
- the desalination plant is very expensive
- the leftover salt creates something called brine which is very bad for the enviroment
- brine is also dangerous to wildlife