Primary Team PLC Agenda
January 13, 2016
This Week's Topic
Book Study: Great Habits, Great Readers
Teaching Comprehension Skills
It's great to see everyone back, rested, refreshed and ready to tackle 2nd semester!
This Week's Objective
I can assess the rigor of my comprehension skills lessons and identify ways to require the students to do more of the heavy lifting.
Instructional Strategy or Plan
Preparing Your Lesson
- Prepare Your Text ("flag" the book)
- Teach the Reader and Teach the Text Questions (show examples and create own)
- Chart Your Thinking (create anchor chart)
I Do, We Do, You Do
- Model the Skill (read-aloud)
- Practice Together (ask your prepared questions)
- Independent Practice (2-4: reading and writing with a new text)
January 20: Phonics, Guided Reading, Independent Reading, Close Reading
Prepare and implement a lesson following the steps discussed above. Bring your flagged mentor text, list of questions and a picture of your anchor chart to PLC on January 20. Be ready to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the lesson.