Good Tidings from Postpartum Health Alliance
A Year In Review
- Hosted our first ever October Fiesta, raising over $5,000, and having a great time doing so;
- Hosted four education luncheons, with the highest attendance in PHA's history;
- Revived the PHA Blog and social media activity to spread our message and mission;
- Responded to more than 200 calls to our warmline;
- Supported the BlueDotProject in becoming recognized as the awareness symbol for maternal mental health by a national coalition of MMH advocates and leaders;
- Partnered with the American Academy of Pediatrics-CA3 chapter and San Diego County HHSA and Live Well San Diego to convene a Maternal Mental Health summit with key stakeholders in San Diego;
- Partnered with New Mommy Media to connect PHA providers to their radio podcast programs. (Look for more partnership activity in the new year!);
- Received an invitation to be a contributing member of the California Task Force on the Status of Maternal Mental Health Care. Watch for the final report to be released in May, 2016.
- Achieved our highest rate of professional membership in PHA's history with nearly 100 members now in our community!
All of this could not have been done without the countless hours of time, the exuberant energy, and deep commitment of our many volunteers and supporters. From warmline volunteers to event help, from PMADs trainers to community engagement, PHA is fortunate to have these people on hand. We would like to acknowledge them here:
Abigail Burd, Danielle Burns, Lea Bush, Ashley Clark, Michelle Clookie, Sara Cloostermans, Bonnie Copland, Laura Christofferson, Nancy Deutsch, Jen Fisher, Kim Flowers, Chelsea Haakmeester, Laurie Hall, Denise Hawkinson, Bernadette Johnston, Eszter Kalman, Betania Kelly, Jennifer Kennedy, Stephanie Kessl, Andrea Knox, Donna Kole, Sarah Landie, Denise Novak, Jeanne-Marie Paynel, Celeste Pilkington, Elena Quintanar, Evelyn Robarts, Yvonne Rothermel, Dean Sidelinger, Danny Singley, Lindsay Stenovec, Becky Stuempfig, Amber Tindall Rukaj, & Shelly Tregembo, and many others.
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for all you do for PHA!
A Treat from our Friends at New Mommy Media & Parent Connection ... Santa Answers Questions from Parents & Kids
The New Mommy Media Network in partnership with The Parent Connection brings you this gift in addition to providing a a network of dynamic audio podcasts for new and expecting parents. Based in San Diego, our shows give tips and advice for new parents, educating and entertaining moms and dads as they transition into parenthood. Each 30-minute episode features everyday parents and experts discussing relevant issues in a relaxed, roundtable format. We are your online, on-the-go support group, as our shows are always available anytime, anywhere to meet the demands of a parent’s busy schedule.
Annual Renewal Notice
The PHA Clinical List Serve
The PHA Clinical List serve is a benefit to PHA members only and is intended to provide immediate access to other providers for ease of referrals, appropriate promotion of services and support of each other with clinical questions and the sharing of ideas, articles and research. Amber Rukaj, LMFT and past president of PHA is moderating a Google group called PHA Clinical List-serve. If you are currently a member of PHA, you should receive an email inviting you to join the group. If you are not a current member of PHA, please make sure you have renewed your most recent membership to have access to this group. If you have not received an email invitation to the group, please notify Amber at firstname.lastname@example.org