Farmington View eNews
March 28, 2016
8:00-? Hearing Screening (K, 1, & 3)
Tuesday, March 29
2:15-3:15 Junior Scientist Club
Wednesday, March 30
1:35 Early Release
Thursday, March 31
8:00-1:45 Mrs. Harris (3rd Grade) Field Trip to OMSI
2:05-3:45 Running Club (4-6)
2:05-3:45 Academic Club
Friday, April 1
12:30-2:00 Boat Building (5th Grade)
Saturday, April 2
10:00-12:00 Popcan/Bottle Drive
Farmington View Information
- Welcome Back: We were really excited to have your children back with us today. They seemed excited too!
- Attendance: A reminder that good school attendance is 95% or better. That's missing less than 8 days for the school year. Here is our current attendance data.
>95% = 196 or 64.2%
90%-95% = 88 or 28.9%
<90% = 21 or 6.9% (-1 from last week)
- We are currently under our goal of have less than 7.5% of our students being chronically absent during the school year. Thank you to all of our students/families who are only staying home when ill.
- Elementary Attendance Competition: Farmington View placed 4th out of 25 schools in the latest 9-week attendance competition. During the final nine weeks, schools will earn 25 bonus points for each student removed from the chronically absent list. We had 21 this last quarter and hope to be at 16 at the end of the year. Thank you for getting your child/ren to school.
- Spelling Bee: Congratulations to Eli Melendez an Hannah Vuylsteke for winning their respective spellling bee divisions. They will represent Farmington View at the District competition to be held on April 15th.
- Volunteers: I shouldn't be by now, but am always amazed at the number of volunteers who share their time, treasure, and talents with our students and staff. You are making a difference every day and I thank you!
- OAKS Science Testing: Our fifth graders will start their OAKS Science test on Tuesday and should complete on Wednesday. The test itself should take approximately one hour for each student.
- Smarter Balance Testing: Smarter Balance testing for English Language Arts will begin on April 11th for our 3rd - 6th grade students. Your child's teacher will email you through Synergy with additional information.
Bobcat Booster & Farmington View Parents for Academic Excellence (FVPAE) Information
SCRIP: The next SCRIP order is Monday April 11. You can turn in your order anytime between now and then. Remember all money earned this year is being donated to the math program. It is not too late to sign up for auto SCRIP if you are interested. That means you fill out one form and get the same order every month. Please let us know if you are interested.
- Memory Books: It is not too late to order your memory book. Order forms are available in the office and through the order form in eNews. Get it done early so you don’t forget about it. If you are interested in purchasing a memory book this year you are able to order online and pay with a credit card this year. Go to ybpay.lifetouch.com to order your memory book today. Thank you to all of you that voted for the Memory book cover. The winning cover is
“Inside our World”
- Daddy/Daughter Dance Photos: The Daddy Daughter Dance photos have arrived and will be sent home today. If you would like to make copies of your photo, you may download them as well as other photos from the dance from the attached dropbox file. Thank you for your patience.