Week 3: Thursday 5th August 2021
How flash is our new newsletter format? We have shifted to this digital newsletter which gets "published" to our website, the school app, our Facebook page and email all at the press of a button. We hope you like it.
We have a lot going on at school already this term - this is what I love about working in an intermediate school! There is something different going on nearly every day! Further down, you will see a section with upcoming events for Term 3. You may wish to pop them in the diary!
This week saw the start of a big property project for the school - the installation of a shade canopy to go over the court area outside Room 1 & 2. The foundations for the poles have been installed over the last few days and now we just have to wait for the concrete to set and settle before the poles and shade cloth go up. This project will be completed by the end of the term - just in time to provide some additional shade over the summer months!
It was great to see so many families come in to talk to teachers last week at 3 Way Conferences. Thank you to Room 1 whanau who were so understanding about Mr Poon being sick - he is available Tuesday and Wednesday next week for parents to reschedule their conference with him. You can book via www.schoolinterviews.co.nz. The code is gepxr.
Have an awesome weekend everyone!
August Upcoming Events
- Diversity Choir Rehearsal - Tomorrow, 9.30a.m. at Greenmeadows
- APPA Festival Choir Rehearsal - Tuesday 10 August at Papakura Normal School
- Science Roadshow Visit - Tuesday 10 August
- Counties Boys Netball Tournament - Tuesday 10 August
- 2022 Enrolments for Y7 - Parent Information Evening - Thursday 12 August, 6.30p.m.
- 2022 Enrolments for Y7- Parent Information Evening - Tuesday 17 August, 6.30p.m.
- Board of Trustees meeting - Monday 16 August, 6.30p.m.
- Science Athon money due in - Friday 20 August
- Art Extension trip to "Story from the Pacific" - Friday 20 August
- Diversity Festival Dress Rehearsal - Monday 23 August, 9.00 - 2.30p.m. Vodafone Events
- DIVERSITY FESTIVAL - Tuesday 24 August, 7.30p.m. Vodafone Events
- Kawau Camp - Monday 30 August - Friday 3 September
- Counties Boys Rugby League Tournament - Tuesday 31 August
- 2022 Enrolments for Y7- Parent Information Evening - Wednesday 8 September, 6.30p.m.
Wonderland Glow Show
Kawau Camp reminders
Attending school regularly matters!
Some interesting facts!
- 59% of our students attended school 90+% of the time during Term 2.
- 63.6% of Year 7 and 55.3 % of Year 8 attended school regularly in Term 2
- In Term 1, 69.4% attended school regularly.
- In Term 1, the proportion of our Year 7 students attending school regularly was higher that all other schools across the country who have Year 7 students. Go Year 7!
Unfortunately, we have noticed a 10% "drop off" in Term 2. This is not a pattern we want to see continue! Every day definitely matters, so please make sure you send your child to school every day - even the last day of the term or the day before a long weekend. We noticed that almost half the school was away on the last day of school last term.
2022 Year 7 Enrolments
- Manurewa Central - Monday 9 August, 1.30p.m.
- Hillpark Primary - Tuesday 10 August, 1.30p.m.
- Everglade School - Wednesday 11 August, 1.30p.m.
- Manurewa East - Thursday 12 August, 1.30p.m.
Our prospectus and enrolment forms will all be available on the school website from next Monday. We do not have an enrolment zone at Greenmeadows Intermediate - anyone is welcome to enrol at our school, so do feel free to pass on this information if you know anyone who attends a different primary but is interested in coming here next year. They can download the forms off our school website or ring the office and we will send one out to them.
Year 8 High School Enrolments
If you are applying for an "Out of Zone" enrolment, please do not return the enrolment form to us - you need to deliver this straight to the high school office so you can ensure your application goes into the ballot. (we do not want that responsibility!). Note that James Cook High School does not have an enrolment zone so anyone wanting to enrol there can bring the enrolment form to us.
If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to contact your child's teacher.