How to keep yourself safe on Facebook
Five Ways To Keep Your Profile Safe
- Change your settings so only your friends can see your personal information and photos.
2. Don't add people you don't know
- If you add a stranger to your friends list, they have access to all of your personal information and can possibly steal your identity.
3. Limit use of applications
- Think twice about taking any quizzes or polls that show up on your news feed.
4. Protect your location
- Don't do a "check-in" at your home, a friend's home, or a family member's home. This would give away the location of you, your friends, and your family.
5. Don't over share
- Be careful with how many photos and statuses you post. An investigation by news site Ars Technica shows that a "deleted" photo from Facebook can be found 16 months later.
-Facebook has over 500 million users world wide
- The United States alone has about 111,212,840
-Facebook has more users than the population of the United States
-The average user has 130 friends-Over 600,000 Facebook profiles are hacked each day
-Identity fraud increased with the increase of social media sites