7 Characteristics Of A Civilization
Surplus of food
- A surplus of food is to have extra food for later
- People would need surplus of food to save for later and specialize in becoming artisans or skilled workers
- The canals that they dug to water their crops (irrigation) is evidence of surplus of food you can find in ancient Mesopotamia.
- Now we have irrigation but in a automatic way.
- People needed technology to write, hunt and harvest.
- Technology are inventions that get better with time.
- Tools and jewelry are evidence of technology that you can find in ancient Mesopotamia.
- If it wasn't because of them we couldn't have knives, bronze or cars.
- People need language to communicate
- Language is a way to talk. for example: English, Spanish and Portuguese
- Cuneiform is evidence of technology that you can find in Ancient Mesopotamia.
- Now we could talk and learn more languages
- To explain the weather explain the weather.
- Belive in more than one god
- The ruins of the ziggurats are evidence of religion you can find in ancient Mesopotamia
- Now we just belive in one god but some people belive in greek gods too For example: Zeus and Poseidon
- People need Art to express themself and tell stories
- Art is a story or emotion told by a picture
- Walls ruins in the ziggurat are evidence of art you can find in Ancent Mesopotamia
- Now we draw on canvas and they drew on walls
- People need a government to know that if you do the wrong thing going to have to pay for that.
- A group of people that rules the city
- Now we have laws to protect the citizens
- People need social classes to divide between upper class, middle class and low class
- Social classes are a group of people divided by their power and money
- When the people in the upper class died they putted a lot of jewelry in their coffin with their bodies
- Today we still have does social classes but in a more politely way