September 17-21, 2018
Digging into the climate and culture data was healthy for us to do, and now you have the opportunity and charge to carry to your staff. Last week I finished reading The Power of Moments by Chip & Dan Heath (great book - add to your professional library). There were two specific points from their book that applies to our using data:
1) "Trip over the data" - while it is difficult to schedule epiphanies, there may some fantastic moments of aha's in reviewing the district, division, and site data that should give you and your reflection, refinement and/or pivot point to move forward.
2) Stretch for insight - I was reassured through so many discussions that climate, culture and safety are directly correlated to the center of our elementary focus. Examining site and individual core beliefs about relationships and harnessing their awesome power is a non-negotiable, and the hinge point of our work.
Thank you for all you do! Make it an amazing week!
A great article to consider sharing in your parent newsletters or on your social media sites...
Thanks for the great discussion during this week’s job-alike meetings surrounding priority metrics, ICs, telling our story with data, backwards design planning and assessments, and trauma-informed schools. As requested, you can view the trauma-informed resources at the links below:
ACES Classroom Template (Editable - Make a Copy)
Trauma-Sensitive School Checklist (PDF)
Trauma-Sensitive Teacher Behavior Checklist (PDF)
Looking for resources concerning attendance? Check out Attendance Works
Capturing the good stuff
So many of you are growing your capacity for feedback: using tools like Voxer and then capturing it in Tower.
We had a healthy representation and participation at the first twitter chat around relationships. Thank you!
Capturing the good stuff
Culture Is Core Beliefs and Behaviors. Within that weak or strong structure, what exactly people believe and how they act depends on the messages — both direct and indirect — that the leaders and others in the organization send.
· Power Hour! Trainings will continue to be held at KAC in the Board Conference Room every Tuesday morning, from 9:00 – 10:30 AM. Submit this Google Form to register.
· We want your feedback! Please provide your thoughts and ideas by following the link to the SPS Analytics Feedback Form located on all published reports, as well as directly on your dashboard. If you have access issues, please email AAA at email@example.com
· BOY Testing Windows close on 9/21/18 for:
o Writing Prompt
o Letter ID/CAP
o DRA 2
o Rapid Automatic Naming
o Primary/Elementary Spelling Inventory
· 1st Quarter EOC Testing Window
o 10/4/18 – 10/12/18
· Don’t forget, the Official Enrollment Count date is Wednesday, September 26th. Make sure you are communicating this to families, students and the community.
· Students must be in attendance 1 of 10 school days, prior to Wednesday, September 26th.
· Just a reminder that the Core Data Reporting Date for State Reporting is Wednesday, September 26th!