US Legislative & NC Legislative
Compare & Contrast
- US Legislature can make laws that apply to the whole country whilst NC Legislature can only make laws that apply to NC.
- US Laws can overpower NC laws if the NC laws are unconstitutional.
- US Legislature can deal with national defense whilst NC Legislature can't.
- NC Legislature can deal with the state's geography whilst the US Legislature can't.
- Everybody has to follow US Legislative orders whilst only people in North Carolina have to listen to NC Legislature.
- US Legislature can deal with the nation's economy whilst NC Legislature can deal with North Carolina's taxation policies.
- Both can govern their citizens.
- Both have a House of Representatives and a Senate.
- Both are there to help solve problems.
- Both make laws/rules to protect people.
- The members of both legislatures are elected.