RHS Bands Update #1
October 14, 2016
Welcome to the 2016-2017 School Year!
UPCOMING CONCERT/SYMPHONIC BAND EVENTS:
- Wednesday, October 26: RHS Fall Band Concert - Please note that the start time for our first concert has been changed to 7:30 p.m. in the RHS Gym. This concert features the Concert Band, the Jazz Ensemble, and the Symphonic Band. Students should be in their seats in the gym by 7:15 p.m. Concert dress is black bottoms and white or black tops (ties for the guys as well).
- Saturday, October 29: Rutland Halloween Parade - Our theme this year is "Sports" and students should dress up in costume within that broad theme (the possibilities are endless!). Our line up information will likely not be announced until the week of the parade (stay tune for that announcement). That information will determine when and where students should report downtown. The parade route begins at the corner of Madison and Strongs, turns up Wales and circles around on West and Merchants Row before ending at Price Chopper. Students will be dismissed after some brief announcements following our performance at the parade.
UPCOMING JAZZ ENSEMBLE EVENTS:
- Saturday, October 15: Rutland-Hanamaki Student Exchange 30th Anniversary - Students should report to the Holiday Inn with instrument, music and a stand by 5:30 p.m. in concert dress (5:15 if helping to unload equipment). We will play from 6:00-7:00 p.m. and dinner will be provided afterward.
- Thursday, October 20: Cookie Dough Delivery - Jazz cookie dough orders will be arriving at RHS during the afternoon. Pick up is in the band room after school or during parent conferences on Thursday. Payment for all orders is due on Monday, October 24.
- Wednesday, October 26: RHS Fall Band Concert - The details are the same as for Concert/Symphonic Band listed above - 7:15 p.m. report time in the RHS Gym and the concert begins at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 27: VELCO Celebrates 60 Event - Details on the Jazz Ensemble's performance at this event will be coming soon! Event details can be found here.
- Concert critique of a concert other than the RHS Fall Band Concert
- District audition materials to be performed for Mr. Barnett
- Service project
Details on these projects can be found in Google Classroom.
Sign up for New England Auditions is going on now! Interested students should see Mr. Barnett to sign up by Thursday, October 20. New England auditions are held on Saturday, December 3 at Hartford High School in White River Junction.