Riverside Middle School
Weekly Update 1/29/16
Don't sweat it, but here is a list of some mundane stuff coming up ...
- Report cards and all related info. will be distributed during homeroom on Tuesday.
- SLO and PAS-T goals conferences should be finished; however, some rescheduling may need to take place. Check with your admin. evaluator.
- Remember to update rosters and information in your sub folder.
- Weekly Lesson Plans should be posted on your website each week by Monday at noon (if you're new and setting up your website, please send them to your grade level administrator)
- A reminder: The building closes at 7:00 throughout the week.
- Don't forget to sign in, every morning, to Hall Pass.
Mentor Mondays, still accepting recommendations!
Monday, February 1st
- Teacher Attendance Reward - Duty Free Lunch
- Lunch - Sundea Monday
- 3:15-3:45 - Model UN
Tuesday, February 2nd
- Begin ACCESS Testing - Mrs. Vargas
- 10:30-1:00 - Ms. Kellett's Class to Washington Center
- 3:30-5:45 - Scholastic Workshop
Wednesday, February 3rd
- 3:30-4:30 - Faculty Meeting with Mr. Davie
Thursday, February 4th
- 8:30-12:30 - Content
- 10:30-1:00 - Ms. Kellett's Class to Peach Bowl
Friday, February 5th
- 8:45-9:45 - SIC Meeting - Cafeteria - February 8th
- 8:40-9:20, 12:20-1:00 - French I Mardi Gras (1st & 4th Period)- February 9th
- 4:30-5:30 - Student Centered Learning - February 9th
- 8:30-12:00 - Morning Planning - Admin Wednesday - February 10th
- NO SCHOOL - President's Day - February 15th
- 3:30-4:30 - PAC - Mrs. Harmon's Room - February 16th
- 3:20-4:00 - BETA Club Meeting - Cafeteria - February 16th
- 3:30-4:30 - Faculty Meeting with Mr. Davie - February 17th
- 3rd Quarter Progress Reports - February 18th
- 7:40 - 8:10 - Department Meetings - February 24th
- AED Yearly Drill - February 25th
- 10:30-1:30 - SCJBA Book Award Party - Media Center - February 26th
- 8:00-8:00 - Pre-Season Baseball Tournament - Riverside High School - February 27th
2015-2016 Riverside Middle School Goals
(Goal #2) During the 2015-2016 school year, RMS will implement inclusive practices including support facilitation, co-teaching, resource, and external supports to create a more inclusive environment for all students with special needs and English Language learners.
(Goal #3) During the 2015-2016 school year, teachers will implement a variety of student-centered instructional and assessment strategies including the use of technology and problem-based learning to enhance instruction as evidenced in notations in weekly planners, at least once per week.
(Goal #4) During the 2015-2016 school year, each content area team will plan collaboratively using Rubicon Atlas to create commonality in the pacing and assessment of teaching and learning, as observed in weekly content planning meetings.