Big Lake Elementary Newsletter
JANUARY 25, 2018
CROSS COUNTRY SKIING
We have some skis and boots for your student to borrow. Permission slips are available in the front office.
Practice times are as follows:
- Kdg and 5th grades Monday 4-5PM
- 1st and 3rd grades Tuesday 4-5PM
- 2nd and 4th grades Wednesday 4-5PM
JUNIOR NATIVE YOUTH OLYMPICS
- 6th Annual Mat-Su JNYO Event on February 10th at Houston Middle School
- Alaska State Tournament will be February 23rd, 24th, and 25th at the UAA Wells Fargo Arena in Anchorage
This is Kindness Challenge week. We are working on kindness notes and a school kindness chain this week.
The results of our "Anti-Bullying Poster Contest for Grades 3-5 are:
- 1st Ashlynn McRoberts and Tori Moma
- 2nd Sabree Waite
- 3rd team effort Hailey Hansen, Carlyn Harris, and Alexis Walker
Book Fair dates are February 12-22nd and more information will come home soon.
Be on the lookout for information about a teriyaki chicken fundraiser dinner on February 15th also.
PARENT TEACHER ORGANIZATION INFORMATION
- BLE Family Skate Night, January 26 from 6-8PM, $6 includes skate rental at the Big Lake Lions Recreation Center. Flyers and consent forms came home this week. 5th grade will be selling cocoa, coffee and candy.
Craft Bazaar meeting Jan 29 @ 4pm in the library.
Movie Night!!! February 2 from 3:45-5:30PM. PADDINGTON 2. Permission slip with $3 must be turned in by February 1.
We are looking for more handcrafted vendors for our Spring Bazaar.
Easy online registration! You can find the link on the PTO Facebook page.
FEBRUARY LUNCH MENU
4th GRADE PIZZA CARDS
Help our 4th grade students get to the Seward Sea Life Center. They are selling Papa Murphy cards to help fund this field trip. The cards cost $10 each and contain approximately $20 in savings.
Contact a 4th grade student, Mrs. Lovelace at 892-9726 or Miss Service at 892-9728 if you would like to buy a card.
Thank you for supporting the 4th grade students.
5th GRADE COFFEE
Oh, the smell of fresh brewed coffee. Fifth grade is selling coffee to raise money for their overnight field trip to Homer.
Coffee will be available all year long and delivered every other week. There are many different sizes and flavors available. If you want to get in on this great deal contact a fifth grade student or Kristal Whitted at 892-9716.
Thank you for supporting Big Lake Elementary 5th grade.