Panui Week 1 Term 3
Waikawa Bay School Thursday 29th July 2021
Location: Waikawa Bay School Waikawa Road, Waikawa, New Zealand
Phone: 64 3 5736636
GREETINGS TO EVERYONE
Welcome back to the start of a new Term that we know will be full of opportunities and learning for all our students.
Over the Holidays we received the news that our roll had grown sufficiently to allow us to increase the hours of our part time teachers.
Andrea Askin -Mills is now the full time teacher in Kereru class, which allows MaHala Faulkner to work in Weka and Tui classes during literacy time. I am also working in Weka and Tui class during maths time, so there are now three teachers in these classes until 1pm during the key learning times.
Ten children were moved from Kiwi class to Pukeko class, which allows for further children to join Kiwi class throughout the year when they turn five. Greta Black has joined Leah Robinson in Pukeko class so we now have two teachers working with those children.
Thank you to all those who participated in our mid-year conferences at the end of last term. It was fantastic to see so many of you encouraging the children to share with you their accomplishments and goals. Education is a partnership between school and whānau, and this was a great opportunity to see this in action.
One of our major focuses this Term is Art, with an exhibition of children's work planned for the end of the Term. We look forward to the end results and the opportunity for our children to use their creative minds and skills.
Picton school has cancelled this years combined school cross country run originally planned for Tuesday 3rd August - but we still hope to go ahead with our own school event. The senior course will hopefully be at Endeavour Park on Tuesday or Wednesday next week. The junior course will be at School, possibly on Friday 6th August. These events are of course weather dependant and the days/times will be confirmed tomorrow.
Thank you for your support
Enjoy the weekend
Ka Kite anō
Maramataka - Dates for your Diary
- 3rd or 4th August - Year 3 to 6 Cross Country - Endeavour Park - to be confirmed
- 6th August - Year 1 & 2 Cross Country at School - to be confirmed
- 10th August - Marlborough Schools Cross Country for qualifying students
- 17th -20th August - Year 5 & 6 Lake Rotoiti Camp
- 26th August - EPRO8 Challenge
- 29th August - Sunday - Spring Garden Clean up at School 10am to 1pm
- 20th September - Choir Festival
Kaitiaki Group Raffle
We would love donations of the following from our Wish List:
- Used/Secondhand Board Games
- Used/Secondhand Puzzles, Jigasaws etc
- Lemon trees to add to our Fruit Garden
- Used/Secondhand Single sheets and Blankets for Sick Bay
- Used/Secondhand Towels
Please drop them off or contact the office if you have any items to donate.
Matariki Vegetable Soup
- Name - Blake
- Age - 6
- Family - Mum Louisa, Dad Lester and big brother Spencer
- Interests - Flags, scootering and Duplo
- Heroes - Spencer
- Fav Subject - Writing
- Fav Sport - Running
- Fav Food - Chocolate
- Fav Holiday - Nana and Grandads
- I like Waikawa Bay School because - There are so many things to do.