Can spying save lives?
Imagine a world were secretive organizations rule the internet, gathering all of your private information
- The government is granted acsess to every phone, camera, computer, and piece of technoloy, which means that they can read you private text messages, browser history, picture gallery, and many other things.
- Many people, belive it or not want to stop surveillance because they think some strange man in a dark suit with sunglasses is always staring at him/her with cameras and webcams.
- As long as you are safe online, and not a terrorist, this WILL NOT affect you.
- Don't I repeat, DO NOT joke around about bombing on the phone, or in text. You'll never know who's listening on the other end.
- Don't sweat it! Your information will be protected no matter what, and wont be shared with anyone else but professonals.
Pro and Cons
CON- Some citizens will not be willing to allow surveillance, but if they are not criminals, what do they have to hide?
PRO: If we can intercept calls from terrorists, we can prevent disasters from occurring.
CON: Most terrorists will uses code words, for example, instead of saying "lets go bomb some buildings" they might substitute the word "bomb" for "visit" and it takes a really good ear to detect code-words.
PRO- This can save your life. If you have a gun pointed at your head, the security guards can respond immediately.
CON- Cameras can be hacked remotely and exploited to illegally spy on people.
When is too much, Too much?
Can it save lives?
But, it can be unsettling to know that maybe, that webcam that you "turned off", is a way for a person to monitor your entire life.