May 10, 2019
"It takes but one positive thought when given a chance ... to overpower an entire army of negative thoughts." Robert H. Schuller
From Mrs. Lewis...
Teachers, more than ever, we need to buckle down on behaviors. Please ensure students are engaged and are focused in class. Hallways should have quiet movement to and from the cafeteria, bathroom visits, etc. Please monitor your students and enforce these rules.
Students should be engaged in games/stations for EOG review.
Teachers will complete the following survey for Rachel Burris. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xhbEZsKxN4g6S4fLqPo_5EuDgW4BVHDC3-rk5eLvYdE/viewform?edit_requested=true
There is a mandatory faculty meeting on Monday, May 13th. Please make it a priority to be on time.
Teachers, please help push our doughnut sale. The profit will be used to fund both student and teacher events in the coming weeks.
Congratulations to the following 2019-2020 SIT Team members: 6th-Candice Eley, 7th - Pam Best, 8th - Katie Griswold, EC - Candace Houg, Electives - Jamie Bream, Tina Snell, Estella Johnson, Ruth Ann Harris, Jamaal Dunham, Beth Tippett and Pam Lewis! We look forward to your leadership.
Please be reminded that there will be a SIT meeting with both the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 SIT TEAMS on Monday, May 20th. Light refreshments will be served. Please make sure that you are in attendance.
Due to FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) students cannot be recognized for specific performances on EOG/EOC tests. For example, we can't give out trophies for outstanding performance on EOGs or reward students who make 4/5s on their EOGs. (Bike give aways, parties, awards) : (
Be sure to come out and support the chorus concert on Thursday, May 16th at 6pm.
We need chaperones for the Friday Night Dance, May 17th, 7 - 9pm. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Students with an ISS/OSS from May 7 - 17th, cannot attend. See Mrs. Allen.
We will have a dunking booth at the PBIS/AR End of Year event. If you are willing to participate please let Mrs. Tippett know soon.
- Reminder: Bring your classroom rosters to PLCs next week for EVAAS roster verification. Be sure that you can access EVAAS.
Please announce to your students that there will be a parent/student meeting on Wednesday, May 22 at 5:30, for any student interested in playing sports for the 2019-2020 school year.
The instructional board will not be used for the remainder of the year. Regular walkthroughs will be conducted.
End of Year documents for Staff will be distributed next week. The close out documents must be signed off on and submitted before leaving for the summer.
- We are asking each teacher to sign up to donate one large bag of candy for the 8th grade prom! Please enter your name beside the candy you are willing to donate. A signup sheet is posted on the board in the teacher lounge.
- Join the fun! Help prepare for the 8th grade prom! We will be working on decorations each afternoon for the next several weeks. Please see Ms. Grady if you are willing to help!
- 8th Grade Teachers: Mrs. Snell will be meeting with SEARCH interviewees to go over how to prepare for an interview. She will meet with groups in the media center next week during lunch. Please see the attached document.
- When sending students to the office please send them with a pass or a note.
Here is the link for the next Counselor's vlog on Tuesday May 14th. Please make a copy of the form before allowing students to access it. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-gmzyQ6nhQ8qLGBWxWpDePFT3Tvvy7XX1g5hsRuca9g/edit?usp=sharin
-An employee NOT ON INSTALLMENTS – May 24 is last paycheck
- May 13 - Muffins for Moms
- May 13 - Staff Meeting
- May 14 - 15 -Spartan Academy
- May 16- Combined Choir Rehearsal in the gym 2pm
- May 16- BT Reception @ Central Office 4pm
- May 16 - Spring Chorus Concert 6pm
- May 17- TLC
- May 17- Dance 7pm
- May 20 - SIT Meeting
- May 20 - Spring Band Concert 6pm
- May 21-22 - Spartan Academy
- May 22 - Athletic Parent Mtg for Fall Sports 5:30pm
- May 23 - EOG pep rally 2:15pm
- May 23 - Last day for Elective classes
- May 27- Memorial Day Holiday- No School
- May 24 - June 7 - END OF GRADE TESTING
- May 31 - 8th Grade PROM
- June 3 - Staff Meeting
- June 5 - 6th Grade Awards Ceremony 8:45am
- June 5 - 7th Grade Awards Ceremony 10:00am
- June 5 - PBIS / AR End of Year Reward 1:00-3:00pm
- June 6 - 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony 9:00am
- June 7 - 1/2 day for students 12:00 pm dismissal
- June 7 - Deercroft Staff PD - Cookout
- June 10 - Required TWD
- June 10 - 14 Summer retest
- June 11 - Optional TWD
- June 17 - 21 C&I Review Week
- June 25 - 27 Facilitator's Week
Upcoming Testing Windows:
- EOGs May 24-June 7