Think College Now
Teacher Times & Week at a Glance Week of 6.1.15
- Open House: Thank you teachers for the high levels of instruction and support you have provided to students all year. Students in every classroom independently and proudly led their families through the highlights of their year, highlighting exactly what makes TCN so special. Thank you Marlene for presenting the school-wide presentation with me! Thank you Leanne, Brenda, and Naomi for helping to serve and setup Pizza. Thank you Liz for bringing more resources to families with tables from GO and Alameda County, and for your logistical support.
- Congratulations to Jill Thomas, TCN TGDS Partner, for sharing stories from Oakland in a piece for Teaching Tolerance. Check out the PDF version here http://tinyurl.com/JillTT or the online version here http://www.tolerance.org/magazine/number-50-summer-2015/feature/dressing-solidarity.
Thank you Leanne for leading our first ever Book Swap! All students got at least 1 'new-to-you' book but many got many more! Thank you Liz and families for helping to organize books. Thank you Katie and Student Council for supporting students choose books.
Thank you to the Pacific Union team for throwing another successful fundraiser to support our school. The event raised over $3,000 (final count to come) toward technology upgrades.
Dinner with a Scientist
Thank you Jennifer, Sarah, and Brenda for bringing 4th and 5th grade students to this amazing event at the Oakland Zoo!
- Instructional Leadership Team: Nominations due 6/3, application questions due 6/5. http://tinyurl.com/TCNILTApp2015
- Report Cards: Please find all important report card info and links here -http://tinyurl.com/TCNReportCards (i.e. translation/support requests)
- Add important dates & reminders to your calendar/planner.
Details on all end of year deadlines and events can be found @ http://tinyurl.com/TCNEOY2015
Specials schedule for minimum days is @ http://tinyurl.com/TCNspecials14-15
- Note OUSD Return to Duty Dates: http://tinyurl.com/OUSDReturn2015
- SPACE AVAILABLE! Email Allison to participate in TCRWP Training of Trainers: July 27 - 31, for teams of 5 from each school site (teachers, coaches, principals) who will be responsible for facilitating professional learning at their site. Email Allison if you are interested, why you are interested, and how you would envision sharing your learning with staff.
See below for more summer info
- Enter your students’ total minutes in the Reading Goal Tally Spreadsheet. This will help student council, ILT, and the team monitor our progress [Monday, 3/30].
Week of 6.1.15
*Minimum day specials schedule: http://tinyurl.com/TCNspecials14-15Monday, June 1st - Minimum Day
- Art Board - SDC
- Vision to Learn Mobile Bus (students will receive eye exams and glasses!)
- 4th Grade SRI 10-11:30am
Tuesday, June 2nd - Minimum Day
- COST [10-11am]
- 5th Grade SRI 10-11:30am
- Quality Schools Celebration featuring TCN, Greenleaf, Acorn Woodland [5-7pm, Gym]
Wednesday, June 3rd - Minimum Day
- Allison's birthday
- Fire Drill [9:20-9:30am]
- Michelle off-site [2-4pm]
Thursday, June 4th - Minimum Day
- Megan out
- 2nd Grade SRI 9-10:30am
- SSC [3-4pm, Conference Room]
Friday, June 5th - Minimum Day
- Jennifer Out
- Panther Paw Assembly - 5th Grade [8:30-8:45am, Gym]
- Parent Rep Meeting [9-10am, Cafeteria]
- Book Fair Preview Day [Sign-up in http://tinyurl.com/tcneoy2015]
- Panther Party [1-1:30pm, details in http://tinyurl.com/tcneoy2015
Saturday, June 6th - Maddie's Birthday
Week of 6/8
Tuesday, June 9
- Brenda Off-site
- Move-up Day [ 9:30-10am]
- COST [10-11am]
- Kinder Promotion [11-1pm, details in http://tinyurl.com/tcneoy2015]
Wednesday, June 10th
- Last day of ASP
- 5th Grade v. Student Kickball Game [9-9:45am]
- End of Year Celebration [9-1pm]
Thursday, June 11th
- Last day of School!
- 5th Grade promotion [10:30-12pm, TCN Gym]
- TCN/ICS Happy Hour [3:30pm+, Lake Chalet]
Friday, June 12th
- TCN Teacher Retreat [B201]
Summer Professional Learning Catalog: http://tinyurl.com/OUSDSummer2015
- BAL201 Morning PDs: June 23 (Conferring), June 24 (Writing Workshop), June 25 (ELs in the Reading Workshop)
- TCRWP (Teachers College Reading & Writing Project) Training of Trainers: July 27 - 31, for teams of 5 from each school site (teachers, coaches, principals) who will be responsible for facilitating professional learning at their site [email Allison if you are interested, why you are interested, and how you would envision sharing your learning with staff]
- BAL101 Two Day PD: August 11th and 12th
- F&P Benchmark Assessment System One Day Training: August 13th or 14th
Free books from OUSD! http://tinyurl.com/FreeOUSDbooks June 3 & 10 [1-5pm]
WHERE: District Library Office (Tilden) 4551 Steele Street, Oakland
Ready to share your opinions? Earn $0.50 for Think College Now K-5, and more chances to win a $100 Amazon.com Gift Card.