Blue Bird News
November 16, 2013
- please send in 2 brown grocery bags by Friday
Curriculum for the Week
This week we will be reading the story My Grandmother's Patchwork Quilt.
We will also be focusing on the following:
- compound words
- using connections to make sense
- point of view
- readers make unique text to self connections
- identify when a connection isn't helpful
- facts and events
- digging deep to make connection
We will be working on Sort 16 which is short and long u. Please remember to have your child practice their spelling words using the Spelling City website https://www.spellingcity.com/gayman/. Please look for Sort 16 for this week's words.