Creative Cooking Italian Recipe
Heather's Pictorial Bruschetta with Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe
This Italian appetizer was made in Creative Cooking class in March, 2013. I decided to choose this recipe because it seemed simple to prepare and create. Also I had never had Italian Bruschetta before and I love to eat mushrooms.
Total time: 26 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 16 minutes
For this recipe the yield is between 4 and 6 servings
- Italian Bread, sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra if needed
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound of mixed mushrooms, sliced (recommended: shiitake, portobello, crimini)
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked and freshly chopped
- 1 small handful fresh thyme, leaves picked and freshly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Stove top
Cut Italian bread into 1/2" (.5 inches) slices
Wash and dry mushrooms. Then cut mushrooms into even slices. I chose portabellas as the type of mushroom to use.
Add mushrooms, salt and pepper, and another sprinkling of olive oil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes while stirring often.
Pick leaves off of parsley and thyme. Chop both parsley and thyme.
Add parsley and thyme. Cook for another 5 minutes.
Serve mushrooms on top of bread slices.
- instead of the oven you can also use a toaster or put bread slices on the grill to toast
- dress with extra salt, pepper, or olive oil when serving for flavor
Some steps were different but credit goes to Cooking Channel. The link is listed below: