Interview with Ms. Dollinger
By, AlexisSophia O.
Her career to date...
- Advertising & Sales Promotion
- Business Law
- Digital &Interactive Media
- Sports & Entertainment Marketing
The Room ...
- Her classroom is an inviting place that is well organized but not in a way where you would feel uncomfortable about spreading out to finish a project.
- Ms. Dollinger has students do individual work so that they can learn to work on their own and understand the curriculum. She also has a few group assignments so the students can explain things to each other in way that is easier for them to understand.
- She writes down the things that student have problems in on her wall and does't take it down until most of the class feels to have mastered the topic.
- She welcome questions but does not accept goofing around and wasting time.
As a teacher...
Her biggest challenge is having trouble connecting with students who she holds no common ground with.
Self-motivation needed is a 10, with 10 being the highest. She has no one directing her in her subjects.
Hours per week are around 50-55. In the classroom is around 40 hours and then additional time is spent planning elsewhere.