Welcome to the Roberts Library
Hello From Your Librarian!
Now for a little bit about me. I graduated from Texas A&M (we won't mention the year). I became a first grade teacher right out of college. I taught first grade for five years in Angleton and five years in BISD at Stephen F Austin elementary. I obtained my Library certification and became a librarian at Ney Elementary in 2006. I was the Ney librarian for 11 years and the Ney Librarin and Digital Learning Coach last year. Children, books, and technology are my passion, which is why I feel like I have the world's BEST job!
Please feel free to come see me anytime. You may also email or call me with any questions (see contact info below). I look forward to meeting each of you. I already enjoy working with your children.
Basic Library Info
- Your child will come to the library with his/her class at least once a week.
- During the day I have various times where the library is open to students for checkout.
- Kinder students will begin checking out later during this school year.
- First grade has begun checkout and will be bringing home one book from the library.
- 2nd-4th grades have begun checkout and will be allowed to take two books from the library.
- Your child (1st-4th grades) should have brought home his/her library folder for a signature during the second week of school. If you have not seen that folder, please ask your child about it.
Accelerated Reading Program Info
We will run two incentive programs:
- Reading Team: This will work the same as prior years. Each grade will have a point goal to reach. If students have met the goal and have at least 80% accuracy, they make the team and receive a t-shirt. The only difference is there will not be a big party at the end of the year (see #2).
- AR 9 Weeks Incentive: In exchange for the one huge party at the end of the year, I will host four "medium" size parties at the end of each nine weeks. I have found this does best keeping students motivated throughout the year.
- Have at least 80% accuracy by the date listed in library folder.
- Have met their personal goal set by their teacher at the beginning of the nine weeks.
- Have read and passed the test on the genres required for that 9 weeks (see folder)
- Maintained honesty while using AR. I do NOT allow students who have been caught cheating on AR to attend ANY of the 9 weeks parties. I have explained this to every class (see Honor Code in library folder).