Room 603 Update
February 19, 2016
Next 2 Weeks at a Glance:
What We're Studying:
- Language Arts - Technology unit focusing on Author's Purpose
- Math - Unit 4: Comparing Fractions and Equivalent Fractions
- Writing - Narrative Writing
- Science - Solar System: The Moon and Planet research
- Other - The 7 Habits: Think Win-Win
What We're Doing:
- Tuesday: 100th Day Fair! (Math games)
- Wednesday: No PE
- Thursday: Music, Math Night of the Century 6:00-7:30pm
- Friday: Student of the Month Flag Salute & Library
- Saturday: Father Daughter Dance! @5pm
Feb. 29- March 4
- Monday: Drama
- Wednesday: PE
- Thursday: Science Lab
- No Flag Salute
--------- Announcements ----------
Report Cards and Assessments
- After looking over the report card, please sign the envelope and send back with your child on Monday
- Look over the semester 1 assessments to see where your child has succeeded and may also need a little support.
- All district assessments (labeled in the folder) need to be sent back after being reviewed
Since moving into the new curriculum that we started last week, we are not going to be doing any spelling like normal for the next 5 weeks. We will be working on various spelling patterns in class instead.
Field Trip to Rancho Buena Vista Adobe
We will be going on Tuesday, March 15, 8:55 - 12:00.
This is a pretty guided field trip, so we will only need about 3 or 4 volunteers. Fill out this form if you are interested in going. (I will also email it out separately)
--What's Been Going on in Rm 603--
Show Not Tell
One example the class came up with:
Instead of saying ... "He was cold." you show...
"As he opened the door, the frosty air blew over him. His teeth began to chatter and his hands started shivering as his breath came out in clouds in front of him."
This is the type of writing that will take a student's scores from a 3 to a 4!