Knox Middle School
Knox Middle School Newsletter!
We have some great news!! Knox has exited our Program Improvement CSI status as a school.
We are very proud of this, and all of our growth in academics and student success. As a school, we are currently working to achieve a Level 3 Marzano certification as a High Reliability School.
February was an amazing and fun month at Knox! Check out the pictures below from some of our awesome events.
We held our ASB Starry Night Dance and Semester 1 Pep Rally. Our Health students had the opportunity to get CPR training and also had the opportunity to talk with firefighters and EMT's from the Lincoln Park Station 12 about future careers.
Students that are enrolled in our Journalism elective had the chance to visit the iHeart radio station 93.3. Students were able to record SHOUT OUTs that were aired on the radio and to learn more about broadcast Journalism.
Knox teachers participated in a Professional Development to prepare our students for i2 STEM week. During this week, students will participate in project-based learning opportunities. Knox teachers are also continuing with their Action Research Projects, preparing for the next steps in conducting a lesson study as teaching teams.
8th Grade Promotion Ceremony Criteria:
We are open for Saturday and Sunday school to clear absences. Students are encouraged to clear all days they miss. We are open from 8-12pm.
This month at Knox we have many awesome events happening on campus. These include:
- 7th grade students will take 4 swimming lessons at the Jackie Robinson YMCA
- Flag Football begins
- Fun Friday lunch for students sponsored by Positive Movement.
- STEM Week Project-based learning
- IAB testing in Math and English classes continues
- Spring Break- last week of March
- Health students will visit Fire Station 12 (Lincoln Park)
- Our Parent Circles and Food Pantry events will continue for our Knox families. We hope you will join us. These events are also open to our 5th grade families.
- 8th grade students must pass all of their classes Second Semester by the cut off date (May 22nd) to participate in the Knox promotion ceremony held at Lincoln. Students that have F's at the cut off date must follow the appeals process to be considered for participation in the ceremony.
Please also follow us on Instagram: knox_middle
Parents- please continue to monitor Power School Parent Portal for your students grades and attendance.
Thank you for your continued support of Knox and our students.
ASB Semester 1 Pep Rally
ASB Starry Night Dance
Journalism Students Visit 93.3 Radio Station!
Health Students Get a Visit From Fire Station 12
6th Grade History Students Visit The King Tut Exhibit
Health Students Get CPR Trained!
Student-led Conferences April 6th 8:15-9:05
STEM Week Is COMING!! March 20-24 in all Knox classrooms
Vertex Scientists Teach Us About STEM Careers (videos linked below)
Knox Professional Development-STEM Week
Knox Soccer Team
Knox Parent Website
Feeding America Food Pantry
Click here to see all of our Knox newsletters, with details about our programs and events!
Key Contacts At Knox:
Assistant Principal (Beginning 1/12)- Lourdes Hirschemail@example.com
Head Counselor-M-Z- Lori Cruz- firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselor- A-L- Mary Shirley- email@example.com
Restorative Practices Coordinator-Jeff Ponsford- firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration-Leticia Alva Sanchez- email@example.com
Attendance- Iliana Castaneda Estrellafirstname.lastname@example.org
Site Tech- Power School Parent Portal- Kristen Ojetti- email@example.com
Admin Assist-Linda Dozier- firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Tech-Monica Diazemail@example.com