Carver Middle School Newsletter
February 24, 2019
Greetings Carver Community!
Thanks to everyone who came out to the Principal's Meet and Greet and PTA meeting this week. It was a pleasure meeting so many passionate parents and I look forward to working with all of you throughout the year. We are working toward 100% PTA participation! Thank you to our dedicacated team who serves on our PTA. If you are not a member please use the link below to join as soon as possible.
As a reminder Spring picture day is tomorrow. If your child plans to take pictures tomorrow, he or she should bring back the picture form along with payment. Only children with payments will be photographed. Parents may come to the auditorium with payments if necessary. Children must be made aware if parents intend to pay in person because teachers will only allow students out of class if they are paying for pictures. Checks, cash and credit cards are accepted.
Thanks to all of the Cougars who tried out for Spring sports this past week. I look forward to cheering for our teams this Spring!
Please remember to show your support for our newest member of the National Junior Honors Society Tuesday at 7 pm.
Let's have a great week Cougars!
Anthony J. McLaurin, Ed.D.
Congrats to the Carver MS library team on an article recently published in the School Library Journal!
Carver MS boys track tryouts.
Use the PTA website at: https://carverpta.ptboard.com/ to sign up.
1. Log in or create an account.
2. On the "Join School" pop up screen enter code: 9XKCHR.
3. Sign up to assist with events, purchase spirit wear, raise funds and assist the PTA in supporting our students!
February 25 - Spring School Photos
February 26- National Junior Honor Society Induction Ceremony 7:00 pm *This is a change.
February 28- Black History Month Assembly
March 5- 8th Grade Writing SOL (Short Paper)
March 8- Student & Teacher Holiday- No School
March 12- 8th Grade Writing SOL (Multiple Choice)
- CCPS STEAM EXPO 2019- March 16 at CTC HULL 7:30-12:30- A new school challenge was added this year. In the school challenge, school groups made of students, family members, and teachers will be given a unique challenge to build from 8:00 am until 12:00 pm. Schools are invited to bring unique recyclable materials to be used in this event. If you have any questions concerning STEAM EXPO, please contact your student's science teacher.
- Starting February 4, 2019 students are not allowed to utilize cell phones during the instructional day. Students are expected to leave phones in their lockers before first period if they choose to bring them to school.
- Students will be dismissed in the following order- 8th graders, 7th graders, 6th graders.
- Carver mornings are postponed until further notice.