Adventures in Mrs. Tuckett's Class
Week of September 29-October 3
Snack: Mandy Peterson
Curriculum: We will be finishing up Safety week and then we will start to learn about continents. We are continuing to learn rhyming and we are working on writing 6-10. The Letters we are working on are P, Q, R, and S. This week's sight words are 'he' and 'I'.
Take Home Pickle and Peanut for the Weekend: No one yet! Let me know if you want to sign up for this weekend. It's a great experience and the kids love it. Plus you only have them for 2-3 days, not forever.
Upcoming Events: The Kiddie 500 will happen on Tuesday. It's a fun car safety training for the kids.
A sincere thank you
- A grandparent came into class and read 3 times
- A mom came in and helped with centers
- A volunteer from the community helped 4 days
- A parent donated Tootsie Rolls for the Fall Festival
- Every week a parent has brought daily snacks for the children
- One family came weekly to clean the classroom
These and many other unrecognized acts of kindness are what make our class and our school so remarkable. Thank you.
Click here to order online. I have additional Free Book coupons (with $10 purchase) if you would like one. I will send home a new book order sometime in October.
Show and Tell
Potiential Volunteer Hours
Call, Text, Email, or send a note with your kid--I would love your help!
1. Donate small toys for alphabet tubs that begin with I, K, O, U, Q, X, Y, Z
2. Come help during Centers (1:00-2:00 Generally) (1-4 hours a week depending on frequency)
3. I will need volunteers for the Fall Festival on October 25th (See the attached Goggle Document)
Next week in Kindergarten
Pickle and Peanut Take Home: Open!
Snack: Unfortunately, no one is signed up for next week's snack. If you would like to volunteer email Mrs. Tuckett.
Upcoming Events: The Core Knowledge Fair will be October 31st. Kindergarten's costume theme is Traditional dress of Asia, Europe, North America, South America, and Australia.
Funny Kindergarten Story of the Week--Smokey the Bear
"Who's Smokey the Bear?" asks Jason.
"He's a bear who will teach you how to prevent forest fires." I reply
"Can he talk?"
"No, I don't think so. Although he might say 'Only you can prevent forest fires.'"
"If he can't talk, how is he going to teach us?" asks Jason.
"I don't know. I'll look that up."
"How did you get him to come to our school?" asks Randy.
"I called him." I say.
"But he can't talk!" said Jason.
Children's names have been changed.