Ms. Williams' class October 9, 2015
Reminders and Upcoming Events
- October 16th-picture day
- October 23rd-End of the 1st quarter
- October 23rd-Harvest Festival 5:30-8:30
Please see the link below
- October 26th and 27th-Parent conferences 2:40-6:00
Conference time reminders will be coming home in the Tuesday folder
- October 30th-Teacher workday (No school for students)
- November 2nd-Teacher Professional Development day
- November 3rd-Election Day-No school
The color for next week is pink.
Please remember to send in a family picture for our wall, if you haven't already done so!
This week we are learning the orange song and how to spell the word orange. Also we are learning the poem Mary Had a Little Lamb. The children are doing a great job with concepts of rhyming, directionality of print and concept of word. I am also in the middle of PALS (phonological, awareness, literacy, screening), which assesses pre-reading skills, such as those listed above. I will be going over this at parent conferences.
We had a great field trip to the fire station today! We enjoyed a fall walk and learned a lot about how firefighters help our community and about fire safety. Thank you to Firefighter James, all the other firefighters and to the parents that came with us!