Ambassador Update for EduPaths
Weekly Update - 5/9 to 5/13
Dear Ambassadors and Advisory members,
All courses below are NOW available for SCECHs (previously Pending or not published). Those courses are below:
- 22i Online Assessment Awareness - Assessment Pathway
- Google Classroom - Technology & Instruction Pathway
- Coding in the Classroom - Technology Pathway
- Developing Your Own Assessment Items - Assessment Pathway
- Introduction to Blended Learning - Instruction & Technology Pathway
- Introduction to Vocabulary - Instruction Pathway
- Introduction to Phonemic Awareness - Instruction Pathway
- Microsoft: Getting Started with Microsoft’s Educator Training - Technology Pathway
- MAC Website Overview - Assessment Pathway
- MAC Common Assessment Series - Assessment Pathway
- M-STEP Math Assessment Practice - Assessment & Technology Pathway
- Organize with Slack and Trello - Technology Pathway
- Increasing Student Voice and Choice in K-8 - Foundations Pathway
- Math Workshop - Curriculum Pathway
- Building a Quality Online Learning Environment - Instruction & Technology Pathway
- Introduction to Phonics - Instruction Pathway
- Creating a K-12 District-Wide Math Fluency Plan - Curriculum Pathway
- Building Resiliency
- Getting Started with Blogging in the Classroom
- Opportunities for Reading
- Introduction to EduPaths Course Creation (not for public access, yet - for summer training only)
Danielle & Kim at the After School Conference, Lansing
The number of EduPaths users continues to increase. EduPaths users - 2,071 (up from 1,926) as of today - Monday, May 16; Twitter followers also increases daily - currently at 254.
To provide a short update of the things we are currently working on
- Summer PD Flyer - Continue to reach out to the host ISDs to promote the trainings at their site. Use this to recruit and invite educators in your region!!
- Still working on statewide conference sites to host booths
- Partnerships continue to increase - more information at advisory this Friday
- Another Twitter Chat is scheduled for Tuesday, May 24 @ 8:30 pm - Inquiry-Based Learning (IBL) Across Content Areas at #EduPaths. Focus is on the Curriculum pathway. Join us!
- New Video: Searching by SCECHs on EduPaths on the Resources page
Applications Submitted for Summer PD
- Saginaw ISD - 55
- Wayne RESA - 15
- Oakland Schools - 12
- Muskegon ISD - 8
- TBISD - 7
- Marquette-Alger RESA - 5
- Clinton County RESA - 5
- KRESA - 4
- Alpena ESD - 3
We have capacity for 40 participants per site! Looking forward to filling up all sessions!
Where Have We Been?
- Danielle & Kim - After School Conference, Lansing
- Molly - Muskegon Tech Group, Google Hangout
Resources for Ambassadors
- The G-Presentation is available for showcasing EduPaths.
- School Improvement presentation coming soon...
- SWIVL How-Tos for those who will be presenting at School Improvement Conferences
- The updated list is courses for SCHECHs
- Our updated list of External link courses/resources
Things we are still working on (our ongoing short-list)...
- Working through appropriate language for DPPD for our documentation for districts to use
- NEW a way to display # of SCECHs for new users on the Course Description page
- STILL adding curriculum standards to the site - Ken is working on a different way to import standards without manually adding them one by one!
- STILL working to add content that was created outside of Canvas...getting closer to breakthroughs in this!
Looking forward to catching up this Friday! Have a great week!!
Jake Gentry, Kim Garcia, Molly Bruzewski, and Ron Madison