Global Education Day at ISTE 2018
Join this Portal from Participate to browse global education resources and network with other educators.
Let us know if you will be in Chicago on June 24th!
You need to email ISTE at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to be put on our waiting list. The event is currently full, but we are expecting that registrants will change plans closer to the conference.
Join us at the International Society for Technology in Education Conference
We will be streaming live on our Facebook page for those who cannot attend in person: https://www.facebook.com/globaledcon/
This participatory event will feature:
* Inspirational ignite talks by noted educators and organizations working to connect classrooms
* Round-table discussions in which educators will showcase specific examples of global projects
* A global resource cool tools duel in which attendees will share the best resources and tools for creating global experiences for students
There are some changes for GED this year:
1. You will now have to be registered to attend the ISTE conference in order to attend Global Education Day on June 24th. ISTE requires a registration fee; Global Education Day is not an additional charge.
2. Right now, the event is full. BUT.....
3. There is a waiting list. You need to email ISTE and tell them that you want to be put on the waiting list (if you haven't registered for ISTE, they will not put you on the waiting list).
4. Registrants MUST be checked into the room by 2 PM on May 25, 2018. If you do not show up, your seat will be given to those on the waiting list or in the line outside the event door.
4. If you have registered for this event and can no longer attend, make sure to change this on your ISTE registration so that others may attend.
5. If you would like to serve as a roundtable facilitator or an ignite speaker, we sent out information about this in May to registered participants. You will need to be registered to participate in these roles.
Unfortunately, we are not in a position to provide travel assistance to this informal meeting.Travel arrangements are the sole responsibility of attendees. Please register ONLY if you will be in Illinois at the end of June 2018.
Here's our schedule:
2:00 - 2:15 Open Remarks by Lucy Gray and Steve Hargadon
2:15 - 2:30 First three ignite talks
2:30 - 3:15 PM Roundtable Discussion - Round 1
3:15 - 3:30 PM Next three ignite talks
3:30 - 4:00 PM Roundtable Discussion - Round 2
4:00 - 4:30 PM Global Resources Smackdown
4:30 - 5:00 PM Last set of ignite talks
Global Education Day at the 2018 ISTE Conference
Sunday, June 24th, 2-5pm
Room W184c, McCormick Place, Chicago, IL, United States
Anyone is welcome to attend, but participants and facilitators in the ignite talks, roundtable discussions, and tool smackdown must be representing a non-profit or be a sponsor of the Global Education Conference. Make sure to register.
EdTech4Good is a collaboration between Participate and Empatico in an effort to find innovative ways to use education technology for social good. EdTech4Good brings together educators from across the globe to host chats, collaborate within an online community of practice and ideate social good projects to bring into classrooms. We’re passionate about developing global citizens who truly care for others and our world.
Qatar Foundation International
QFI inspires meaningful connections to the Arab world by creating a global community of diverse learners and educators and connecting them through effective and collaborative learning environments —inside and outside the classroom. Through our activities, QFI is committed to providing K-12 students in Qatar, the Americas, and the United Kingdom (UK) with the intellectual, communicative, and cultural competencies that will enable them to be engaged global citizens.
Taking It Global
About Global Education Events and the Global Education Conference Nework
Support our work by sponsoring any of our events. Contact Steve Hargadon at email@example.com for more details.