February 13, 2017
Snowcoming week has ended. It was an awesome opportunity to display school spirit and to enjoy the high school experience. Spirit week, the pep assembly, and the Snowcoming Dance were all awesome. Thank you so much to StuCo for all their hard work in making the week so enjoyable.
Have a wonderful week!
SPECIAL SHOUT OUT
When Dan Borelli and Audrey Baker were announced as the Snowcoming King and Queen, they immediately thought of two other people, Sam and Allison. They put their own personal excitement aside and decided to make two other people feel very special. Dan and Audrey decided to give their crowns to two people who they felt were very deserving. It was an awesome moment for all of our students!
WELCOME NEW STAFF MEMBER
5 QUICK FACTS--Mike Green--IT
- I have two children and a wonderful wife. My son is nine, my daughter is two and my wife is younger than me. Grin
- I love the outdoors - going on hikes and trout fishing to mention a few of these outdoor hobbies. Inside hobbies would include and not limited to fixing mechanical/electrical devices.
- In my younger years, I grew up on a grain farm where I helped my father with agricultural machinery; as a farm always has something to fix or maintain.
- My favorite book is not a novel or a traditional book, yet my favorite book would be repair manual or a technical periodical to learn more about technology.
- Before I got into the teaching field, I was an Automation Engineer at Siemens using the latest advanced process control technology. So one would ask why did I get into teaching…
Well, my passion for teaching evolved while doing corporate training of the onsite automation plant operators and I really liked it. My engineering colleagues and I saw the need to create a larger pipeline of future engineers and technology trained personnel, which all starts at the grade school level. So the rest in history.
Next up is Brian Stemmerman
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES
Parent / Teacher Conferences:
February 15, 2017
4:00 – 7:30 PM
March 14, 2017
4:00 – 7:30
Teachers will be in the Large Gym.
Counselors will be in the guidance office for presentations.
Parents are encouraged to attend both evenings. The first conference is intended to help and encourage students improve on quarter grades. The second conference is designed to reflect on 3rd quarter and look at strategies that may help all students improve. We look forward to seeing you there.
Knights @ 90: Our overall attendance has dropped back down to 87.88%. I am really hoping for a surge of positive attendance habits between now and Spring Break. Please help by telling students how important it is for them to be in your class each and every day. Also, let students know that you care and that you notice when they are not here. Thanks for all that you do.
Discussion Items included planning for a future Lunch and Learn on Google Team Drive. Please click on the following link for a short video on how this works.
We will be sharing the Week of Code activities with staff to help with planning for next year.
Next meeting will be 3/8 at 2:30
STAFF COMMITMENTS--TO BE REVISED
2016-2017 Staff Commitments to the Learning Environment
In order to improve the climate/environment at FHN, the staff commits to:
- building positive relationships with students and staff members.
- listening to the concerns of others and by helping to problem solve those issues.
- helping students to see the relationship between effort and success.
- being open-minded to new ideas.
- addressing any inappropriate behavior immediately to help set an expectation of appropriate hallway and classroom behavior.
- giving clear and consistent expectations for device use and by enforcing them.
- counting tardies consistently.
FHN will be hosting the Awaken Project Assembly on Friday, March 10th. The assembly will focus on drug awareness. Joe Richardson and Jeff Mozingo have teamed up and travel nationally to tell their story. Joe lost his son, BJ to heroin. BJ was a student at Howell North. Jeff uses his music skills to the presentation. You can learn more about the Awaken Project by visiting http://www.awakenproject.org/
More information about the schedule will be forthcoming.