What's Happening at Sparkman HS/S9
January 11-16, 2016
Monday, January 11
- AP Reading Mock Exam
- Takedown Club Meeting
Tuesday, January 12
- SHS Wrestling at Bob Jones
- SHS Basketball at Buckhorn
- SHS First Priority
- JROTC Booster Meeting
Wednesday, January 13
Thursday, January 14
- Sparkman Bowling vs Skyline
- Sparkman Soccer Fee Collection- 5:30 SHS Cafeteria
Friday, January 15
- FBLA Meeting
- SHS Basketball vs Hazel Green
- SHS Wrestling at Homewood
Saturday, January 16
- SHS Wrestling- Varsity at Homewood
- SHS Wrestling- MS/JV at Grissom
- January 18- MLK Day- No School
- January 18- SHS Basketball at MLK Classic
- January 18- SHS Wrestling at Dick Clem Invitational
- January 18- Sparkman Bowling vs Randolph at Pin Palace 4:30 PM
- January 19- SHS First Priority
- January 19- SHS Basketball vs Gadsden City
- January 20- College Summit- More info coming
- January 21-22- Sparkman Bowling- Regionals in Tuscaloosa
- January 21- Outdoor Track Booster Meeting
- January 22- SHS Basketball at Bob Jones
- January 22- LAST DAY TO ORDER SHS YEARBOOKS
- January 23- SHS Wrestling at Thompson Invitational
- January 23- SHS Basketball vs McAdory at Wallace State
- January 23- AP Science Prep Session
- January 26- SHS First Priority
- January 26- SHS Basketball vs Johnson
- January 28- SHS Basketball vs Jeff Davis
- January 30- SHS Wrestling Sparkman Invitational
SHS Yearbook Update:
The last day to purchase yearbooks will be Jan. 22. See Mrs. Coggins in room 127
or order at myschoolfees.com link from the SHS website.
If you purchased a senior ad and have not given the materials to Mrs. Coggins,
then the deadline to do so is January15.
Help support the continuing growth of the largest high school photography program in Alabama!
The Sparkman photography program wants to shoot YOUR Valentines images at Creekwood Park on January 23rd from 12 pm to 4 pm. Sessions are 15 minutes long and couples receive 8-10 images on a cd!
Student couples - $50
Adult couples - $75
Book your spot by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- February 1- Takedown Club Meeting
- February 2- SHS First Priority
- February 2- SHS Basketball at Columbia
- February 2- Quarterback Club Meeting
- February 3- JROTC Awards
- February 4- SHS Basketball vs Huntsville
- February 4- Outdoor Track Booster Meeting
- February 6- ACT
- February 6- Wrestling TN Valley Duals Varsity
- February 9- SHS First Priority
- February 9- JROTC Booster Meeting
- February 10- Girls Basketball Area Tournament
- February 11- Boys Basketball Area Tournament
- February 12- Half Day- Staff Professional Development
- February 12- SHS Wrestling Sectionals
- February 12- Girls Basketball Area Tournament
- February 13- SHS Wrestling Sectionals
- February 13- Boys Basketball Area Tournament
- February 16- SHS First Priority
- February 18- Wrestling State
- February 19- Basketball Regionals
- February 19- Wrestling State
- February 20- Wrestling State
- February 23- Basketball Regionals
- February 29- Varsity and JV Cheer Tryouts
ACT and SAT Information
HS students interested in business and entrepreneurship should check out this opportunity!
Madison County students can apply at generatorhsv.org/application by Jan. 15 to be considered for 24Hour Generator, a division of Rocket Hatch's CO.STARTERS program. A team building exercise will take place March 4, followed by a two-day competition March 11-12 in the Business Administration Building at UAH.
Note: The deadline to apply has been extended until February. As soon as the new date is finalized we will publicize.
Booster and JROTC Events
- February 27, 2015 - Military Ball - VBC
- April 30, 2016 - SHS JROTC Hosts Drill Competition
Special Teams (Color Guard/Drill/Raider/Rifle) and all JROTC Cadets
- January 15-17, 2016: Rifle Team, Daleville, AL
- January 18, 2016: Martin Luther King Day Parade, Huntsville, AL
- January 23, 2016: State Drill Competition, Montgomery, AL (Note Date Change)
- April 2, 2016: Army Nationals - Drill Team, Kentucky
- April 14-17: Rifle Team, Camp Perry, OH
Dates of Upcoming Booster Club Meetings
- Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 6:30 PM
For more information, go to www.sparkmanjrotc.org
PTO Leaders Wanted!
- Meet teachers, admins, students, and other parents. Get to know our Sparkman Family!
- Help plan PTO events at SHS and S9 such as receptions, lunches, meetings, etc.
- Help build communication and Sparkman Spirit in the schools and community.
- Learn about the daily workings of SHS, S9, and the Madison Co School System.
- Support our students and teachers.
2015-16 Past Issues of the SHS/S9 Newsletter
January 11-16, 2016- Current IssueAugust 3-8, 2015 Issue