Ms. Perez's Newsletter
Week of Monday, August 26th
It is so great to finally begin our school year! I am excited to get to know each of my students and also to get to know you as their parents. Our weekly newsletter will be shared online every Monday evening through the e-mail address you've provided.
First Week Reminders
- Please remember to have your child at morning assembly by 7:40am (starting the second day of school). Morning assembly is a great way to start our day together as a class family.
- If you have not completed your paperwork in the manila envelope, please get that to me as soon as possible.
- If your child is buying their lunch, make sure to practice their lunch code.
- Make sure to check their Monday Panther folder for behavior notes and school/community information.
- Check their blue Homework folder for any assignments. Remember all homework is given Monday and due Thursday with the exception of spelling tests, which will be administered on Friday.
First Week of Reading
This week we will be learning both school and class rules and procedures. We will practice them A LOT!
In reading, we will begin discussing and practicing how readers build good habits. The focus of this unit is to teach, model, and share the excitement for reading while also teaching students to become responsible and contributing members of a learning community.
We will not have a scheduled library day for another week or so. If your child would like to bring in an appropriate book from home, please feel free, otherwise, they will select books from the classroom.
First Week of Spelling
This week's words relate to our read aloud, Ronald Morgan Goes to Bat. Students will be tested this Friday. Some class time will be given to review spelling but majority of study should be at home.