Tiger Tracks Inside Edition
Travis High School Faculty Newsletter - October 14, 2019
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday, October 14
Holiday - No School
View the most updated Duty Schedule here
Tuesday, October 15
Theme Day: Gray Out to support Girl's Volleyball!
"Pink out week" Special: One lucky teacher will receive an Echo Dot for their classroom!
Refer to Mr. Pope's email on how to be entered.
Benefits Coordinator On Campus - 8:00-4:30 - Library - Open Enrollment starts Oct 21!
Volleyball: vs Austin 4:30/5:30/6:30
Multi-Dual Swim: 6:00
Wednesday, October 16
College wear Wednesday
"Pink out week" Special: Starbucks in the lounge at 6:45 am
DEADLINE: Teachers and Paras please collect the following items on or before 10/16:
- Accommodation Logs (GenEd Teacher must sign…Case Manager will sign during pick up from Washington)
- Behavior Documentation
- Inclusion Logs and Work Samples, if applicable
Football (Freshman) vs Ridgepoint: 4:30
Football (JV) @ Ridgepoint: 5:00
Click here for last week's Wellness Wednesday. Thanks Ms. Johnson!
Thursday, October 17
Thursday Theme day: Pint out day--"Pink out the Panthers"
"Pink out week" Special: Who will win the annual Pink Out competition for one free year of STARBUCKS?!
Attention: Pink out competition will take place today!
Football (varsity): vs Ridgepoint @ Mercer 6:30 PM
Friday, October 18
Fridays we wear RED!!!
"Pink out week" Special: It's a surprise...
Biggest loser weigh ins anytime today!
Volleyball: vs Ridgepoint 4:30/5:30/6:30
Orchestra Masquerade Serenade Concert: 6:00
Thank you to Ms. Garrett and STUCO for planning yet another successful HOCO week!!!! Enjoy the pictures that are scattered throughout the newsletter. :)
Bus driver appreciation week coming up! Oct 21-25
If your group, club or class would like to give/do something for bus driver appreciation week please contact Ms. Long.
Here are some suggestions:
- · Snacks
- · Thank you letters
- · Big poster to put on the bus ramp
- · Something grab and go on the bus ramp AM and PM
- · Or any ideas you have
There are approximately 45 drivers.
Wellness tip: Fiber is found in healthy foods including vegetables, fruits, beans and whole grains.
Some studies have shown that simply eating more fiber-rich foods may help you lose weight and keep it off.
Increasing your intake is as easy as adding beans to your salad, eating oats for breakfast or snacking on fiber-rich nuts and seeds.
Marathon in a Month!
Marathon in a Month is a challenge to complete 26.2 miles (marathon), 50 miles (ultra-marathon) or 100 miles (ultra-ultra-marathon) in one month.
October 1 and ends October 31.
Registration is now open!
How to Register for Marathon in a Month:
2) Click on registration for Marathon in a Month, which is free if you select the Bronze level membership. However, registration donations are tax deductible, and will support the nonprofit HealthCode whose mission is to empower people to live healthier lives.
3) If you have registered on the HealthCode website select the “Returning Users” button. If you are new to the HealthCode website, use the “New Registrants” area.
4) You will land on the Edit Profile page; if this is your first time click on “Select your Organization” pull-down, select our organization and your “Select Group/Team” pulldown. (You can edit your Group if needed.)
5) Finally select your Mile Goal for Marathon in a Month and click “Complete Registration”.
You are now registered to participate!
PINK OUT shirts for sale in E138. Good News – they are only $7!
Congratulations to Nurse Wittig: Belles "Teacher of the Week"!!!!!!!
Benefit Coordinator Site Visit: 10.15.2019 8:00-4:30 in the Library
HabitudesOnline Access Information for NEW Users!
You now have access to the HabitudesOnline platform.
To access your account, you will log in via www.habitudesonline.com using the following credentials:
- Username: Your email
- Password: Habitudes
Our platform is optimized for the Google Chrome web-browser and may not function optimally with all browsers. Google Chrome is a free browser that can be downloaded HERE.
Let us know if we can assist you with anything else. If you have specific tech support questions, simply use the chat feature in the bottom right-hand corner of your HabitudesOnline home screen or contact us via email at email@example.com.
2019-2020 Fort Bend Letter Jacket Program
Want a way to award Tiger Pride Points or recognize a student? Submit a positive office referral!
Ms. Franco, our Professional Learning Lead, now has a form to fill out for any Educational support requests.
Refer to the email from Ms. Spina for specific instructions on 8.14.2019 if you are having trouble navigating through the site.
Our campus IT is Joshua Martin and his office is in the library! Please remember to put in a Support Portal ticker (Formerly CRM ticket) instead of emailing him when you have a request. Thank you!
Grading Policy and Reporting Reminders! - PLEASE REVIEW!
- Do NOT put a 0 in on any assignment that was not completed due to student absence - for any reason - until the student has had sufficient time and opportunity to complete the assignment and failed to do so.
- Assignments in grade book must have specific name - i.e. Ch 12 vocab assignment vs Homework 2
- Grades must be entered within 5 days of assignment due date.
- Late Work is accepted - 1 day late is up to 15 points off; 2 days late is up to 30 points off
- Parent contact is required any time a student is unsuccessful and any time a student is in danger of failing a course - please document all contact
How to Reset Your Network Password
FBISD Sugar Shindig
Shake a shimmy at the Education Foundation’s 5th Anniversary Sugar Shindig on Friday, October 25, at 6:30 p.m. at Safari Texas. Tickets (adults only) are $27/person and on sale now at https://www.fortbendisd.com/domain/15885
Enjoy a casual evening—jeans and costumes welcome—including a fajita dinner, a dessert auction and dancing to the music of Password. This is camaraderie at its finest as staff from our schools and community members vie for the best cakes made by local bakers.
Proceeds benefit the Education Foundation and its Grants to Teachers and Schools.
Deadline for purchasing tickets is Monday, October 21, but don’t delay . . . the event will sell out!
Do you have news to share? Email THS Announcements! (THS.Announcements@fortbendisd.com)
Tiger Tracks Parent Newsletter
Information from FBISD on Fundraisers
Letter Jacket Fitting-Fall Sports
Letter Jacket Fitting-Fall Sports
Department Head Meeting
Picture Make up Day
Progress Report 3 Ends