BIO 20 Mobile Apps
Semester 2 - Biology 20 (Block D: Mr. Kim)
☆★ Guideline for these Virtual Experiments ☆★
Please follow this guideline for all of the Virtual Experiments throughout the semester! Each of the Virtual Experiments are worth 3%, so please complete them!
- Click the ☞ TITLE ☜ to access the app!
- Play with each Virtual Experiments and let's try to have fun LEARNING! .............. I have provided a introductory video for each experiment :)
- After you are done with the experiment, complete the worksheet that was handed out in the class. Note that the deadline is also shown when to complete each experiments by!
- Bring the worksheet to our class and hand it in to me!
- Due date: February 12,Friday
- Objective: review cell anatomy, identify the cell structure and the function of each structure, and how these different structures in a cell work together to perform cellular functions.
- This free app provides a 3D images and activities of cell, cell structure, cell components, etc. It also features a 360-degree view of a cell to provide learners that extra visual learning support!
- Could be a really great app to provide students to supplement their learning for all biology levels, maybe even in post-secondary courses!
3D Cell Stain App
- Due date: February 26, Friday
- Objective: observe the organ system for frog, using models, computer simulations, or dissection, and identify the features and anatomy of each major organs.
- Get the dissection experience without the mess or smell for the reasonable price of $4.59! Also provides other veatures such as videos and quizzes.
- Can give students the "hands-on" experience to dissect a frog with very realisty qualities! Can be used for Biology 20 or 30 in learning about animal organs.
DISSECT A FROG ON YOUR iPAD WITH FROG DISSECTION by PUNFLAY
- Due date: March 11, Friday
- Objective: observe the principal features of a brain, using models, computer simulations or dissections, and identify the major structures of the brain.
- This free app provides a 3D image of the brain along with the information about various parts of the brain, function, etc! Also has zoom and rotation features for students to observe and get that extra visual learning support!
- Could be a really great app to provide students to supplement their learning for Biology 30, particularly in the 'Nervous System' Unit.
- Due date: March 25, Friday
- Objective: observe, identify, and describe principal structures of human body, functions of each structures, their components, and their importance.
- An augmented reality app that gives you a virtual tour of the human body. You can zoon in and out, change the viewing angle, select a particular system in the body, etc.
- Could be a really great app to provide students to supplement their learning for Biology 30, particularly in learning about the general anatomy of a human body
AR Tutorial 4D Anatomy
- Due date: April 15, Friday
- Let's try to play doctor! Experiment with human body and its surgical procedures. Focus on which function of human organ is causing the problem and what has been done to fix the problem. Just choose any organ of your interest to perform a surgery!
- Touch Surgery is an impressive mobile app that lets users simulate real-life surgical procedures right on their smartphone/tablet. Can be an excellent learning support for surgeons and students, providing surgical procedures step by step, with very realistic and factual anatomy and surgical implements.
- Could provide a really great experience for those who are learning anatomy or have genuine interest in becoming a doctor (sergeon).
Touch Surgery- Surgery Simulator