We Are Sailing Through Kindergarten!
December 4th, 2015
- We began our Holiday Unit in social studies. We started learning about Hanukkah traditions and learned some Hanukkah songs. We even made a dreidel craft with the dreidel song we learned on it. To those who celebrate... Happy Hanukkah!
Things we've learned...
- We learned the following high frequency words: we, my, and like. Please review these words with your child at home.
- We learned the following Amazing Words: calf, cub, foal, grassland, joey, and pup.
- We learned the following letter and sound: Pp.
- In math, we began counting, reading, and writing numbers 11-20.
Books we've read...
- Animal Babies in Grasslands by Jennifer Schofield
- The Gingerbread Man by Brenda Parkes and Judith Smith
- Harry the Dirty Dog by Gene Zion
Harry the Dirty Dog read by Betty White
STAR OF THE WEEK
Caroline was our star student this week. We learned that she loves the color blue, her family, and the Mets. Great job, Caroline!
- When math homework is assigned from the enVision workbook, children should complete the PRACTICE page. If you would like to complete both sides, you may (but it is optional). Thank you for your support at home!
- Please continue to bring your ID with you at dismissal. It is a School #6 policy to always have your ID with you at dismissal. In the event that there is a substitute teacher, you will be required to show identification.
- Please make sure your child’s name is on all homework, notes, etc.
- If your child is absent from school, please send in an absent note the day your child returns. Thank you!
- To see more pictures from our days at School #6, check out our school page on the district website!