Campaigner for women's rights
Facts about Caroline Norton...
- She was born in London in 1808 into a rich family.
- Her dad died when she was 8
- She got married to George Norton, But it was not a very happy marriage ( He viciously beat her)
- She left her husband in 1836
- She wrote a letter to Queen Victoria campaigning for woman support after divorce
- She died on 15 June 1877
- She wrote books about against child labour, Auto Biography and her life.
When Caroline left her husband she was guilty of adultery, Her reputation was ruined.
Her husband took away her access to her three children.