Fulmore Magnet Newsletter: Volume 2, Issue 2
Featured Event: Back To School Night!
Please join us Tuesday, September 8th at 5:30p.m. in the Fulmore Gym for Back to School Night. This is a great opportunity to meet your child's teachers, network with other families, and be part of the Fulmore community.
Thank you to all of our bus riders for a great first week. We are communicating with transportation about our buses that are consistently running late so that they can work on adjusting routes.
Please continue to communicate any bus concerns with the magnet office.
AISD Transportation: 512-414-0238
Late Activity Buses
Late buses are available and leave school at 5:30 p.m.
· Students should be given a pass for late buses from the teacher of the after school program they are attending.
· The Late Bus Activity Sign is outside the building right before the blue gates in the back of the school and in the Magnet office.
· In order to better assist our students please have students know or write down their address, the nearest AISD School to their home, and a good phone number for a parent or guardian.
Voluntary Magnet Parent Directory
There’s still time if you would like to be included!
Please email your information to Ms. Quintanilla at email@example.com by no later than September 15th.
Your information will only be shared with parents who are part of this directory. We are looking to publish this in late September.
Please include: student name, parent(s)/guardian(s) name, email, phone, and zip code.
Thursday, Sept. 3rd
7 A – 5:30 p.m. @Fulmore vs Means Middle School
8 A – 6:30 p.m. @Fulmore vs Means Middle School
Friday, Sept. 4th
Parent Coffee in the FMS Library –8:15-9:15 a.m.
Monday, Sept. 7th
Student & Staff Holiday
Tuesday, Sept. 8th
Back To School Night – 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Thursday, Sept 10th
7th A – 5:30 p.m. @Fulmore vs Martin Middle School
7th B – 6:30 p.m. @Fulmore vs Martin Middle School
8th A –5:30 p.m. @Martin Middle School vs Fulmore
8th B –6:30 p.m. @Martin Middle School vs Fulmore
Friday, Sept 11th
We welcome you to contact us anytime to set up individual or team meetings concerning your student. Ms. Quintanilla can set up individual appointments with me or schedule a teacher team meeting.
Our teachers are teamed by grade level so that all core content teachers are available for parent meetings on Fridays. Our grade level teams are available during the following times for parent conferences:
· 6th grade: 8:25 a.m.-8:50 a.m.
· 7th grade: 1:55 p.m.-2:35 p.m.
· 8th grade: 9:55 a.m.-10:35 a.m.
Reminders to Parents
To enhance safety of students and staff, AISD policy requires all visitors to show a picture ID. A visitor’s pass will be given to all visitors in the main office not in the magnet office.
Daily attendance is a high priority at Fulmore!
If a student is absent please do the following:
1. Report absence to the attendance clerk at 512-414-3439 before 10:00 a.m.
2. When returning to school, students should check in to the attendance office to receive a pass to class.
3. Within the next three days send a note with student explaining absence including the following:
Student first and last name, grade level, date of absence, parent signature, reason for absence, and phone number to reach parent.
***Notes must be submitted within three days for absences to be amended***
***ONLY THREE notes per semester written by parents will count as excused absences. You must provide a doctor’s note or additional documentation for excessive absences***
Fulmore Magnet Program