Midddle Childhood Health Concerns
- Ear infections can be a health problem.
- Most children have auditory awareness of adults by age 11.
- Ear infections can cause permanent hearing loss.
- The number of ear infections decreases .
- Children s hearing is developed by middle childhood.
- Mid range , high range , and low range are sound develops .
- Children are ready to read by age six.
- Their ability to focus improves.
- Many preschoolers are somewhat farsighted .
- Close up vision improves during the middle years.
- Nearsightedness is the most common vision problem .
- 25% of children will need to have their vision corrected .
- Children s vision needs to be checked regularly .
- Children begin losing their baby teeth.
- Central incisors are the first teeth to fall out.
- 20 primary teeth will be replaced with permanent teeth .
- These changes are accommodate .
- Tooth loss can have a psychological effect .
- They become self conscious .
- Tooth decay is a common health problem .
- Characterized by body fat .
- considered obese if you weigh 20% more of other people .
- Impacts a child emotional health .
- Often teased by their peers.
- lack self esteem
- some obese children have overweighted parents .
- Last to be selected in group projects or teams .