Lauren, Kellie, Bella, Jocelyn
John Dalton's 5 Ideas About Atoms:
1. He discovered that elements are made of extremely small particles called atoms.
2. All atoms of a given element are identical.
3. Atoms cannot be subdivided, created, or destroyed.
4. Atoms of different elements form compounds from chemical reactions.
5. In chemical reactions atoms are combined, separated, or rearranged.
What 2 Things Were Wrong With His Theory?
1. Atoms are indestructible/unchangeable.
2. Atoms are characterized by their mass.
How It Is Now:
1. Atoms are destructible and changeable.
2. Atoms of the same element, can vary in mass because of isotopes.
John Dalton's original model
John Dalton understood that atoms of different elements could join together in whole number ratios.