Hello, From Ms. Pierce
Next 5 Weeks: 6th Grade ELA Business Project
Get ready to use many skills we have mastered this year to establish a business plan, create a product, design it, advertise it, and "sell" it. This will be a five week project. Each week will focus on one part of the project, and each part will be due that week's Friday. As a whole, the project will be one Major grade at the end of the five weeks.
1. Week One: Create a brand/company
2. Week Two: Create and develop the company’s first product
3. Week Three: Create a Kickstarter page
create a webpage that mimics the campaign page of a Kickstarter project
4. Week Four: Create a commercial that will be featured on your Kickstarter page
5. Week Five: Create a print ad for your product
● Each project will be a minor grade and will have a specific due date.
● Groups will present their Kickstarter page to other students as thought they were potential investors. Students will have opportunities to “invest” in other companies after all presentations.
● The final project portfolio will be a major grade, and determined by the five projects plus the presentation. Each project will have a specific rubric to guide groups. Projects that are submitted late will only have points deducted from the minor grade.
About Ms. Pierce
Welcome to Ms. Pierce's English Class.
I am from Atlanta, Georgia. I graduated from the University of Kentucky; the best school in the nation. I have my BA in political science with a minor in history. I am currently working on my Masters in Education at Concordia University of Portland. This is my 4th year of teaching at Cinco Ranch Junior High.
I love Starbucks, Chick Fil A, and shopping. I also love cheerleading; cheerleading is my passion. I used to coach at XCEL Athletics and Woodlands Elite. I am a huge Kentucky Basketball Fan!
I look forward to a positive and productive school year.