What is stress?
Addison Mudd, Reagan Smith, and Reyna Harris
When we are stressed the following happens...
- blood pressure rises
- breathing becomes more rapid
- digestive system slows down
- pulse rises
- immune system goes down
- muscles become tense
- don't get much sleep
How we respond to stress affects our health.
- We do not all interpret each situation in the same way.
- Because of this we do not all call on the same resources for each situation.
- We do not all have the same resources and skills.
Good stress is also known as Eustress or short-term stress. Good stress is what drives us to meet a goal. Experts say that stress is a burst of energy that advises you on what to do. Stress can help you accomplish tasks more efficiently, and it can boost memory.